.17 Rem LW barrels

Yes it will shoot the 25s ok, however the last .17 I put together was with a Border barrel 1-9, Ive never seen anything remotely like it before, total lights out accurate. The customer thought I must be brilliant at my job, I really would like to take all the credit for it, unfortunately I have to hand it to the barrel maker for the highest percentage on this one. You wont be waiting 10-12 either for Border to deliver.

my friend is trying to get a 17 fireball together. and was having a right game getting a 17 barrel out of border barrels.

a very long wait for one so he was quoted. he got a lw barrel in the end

because they said they had a problem with there 17 reamer. i guess they have it sorted now ?

my friend is trying to get a 17 fireball together. and was having a right game getting a 17 barrel out of border barrels.

a very long wait for one so he was quoted. he got a lw barrel in the end

because they said they had a problem with there 17 reamer. i guess they have it sorted now ?

That would definitely have speeded things up alright.

I was wondering of anyone knows if the 1:9 LW barrel can shoot the 25g Vmax with high accuracy? Before I commit to buying one. :)

Cheers,

Si

Hi Si,

I've been using a Lothar Walther .17 Rem. barrel for years without any issues. Shoots superbly and no problems with cleaning or fouling. Used both factory and handloaded 25gr bullets with success,

Best regards,

Alan

Thanks guys.

I should have said I wanted the 25g V max to shoot really well and specifically that bullet not any of the other 25g bullets.

My 3 groove Pacnor 1:9 shoots them superbly. Didn't want to jump to a LW in case it didn't like those bullets as some barrels have preferences as we know.

Many thanks,

Si

a joy to shoot are the .17s.

Hey Gaz

I agree. Recoil like a stout HMR but with devastating expansion. Cleans foxes up sub 300 yards too! :o I took 2 in the same night at 265 and 250yards from the truck. Didn't need to worry about significant hold-over at that range either. Lights out. I like being able to see the bullet impact even under the lamp or NV.

Ps the barrel was always destined to be 1:9 regardless of manufacturer. ;)

you had a bargain there si. you got a good number of rounds out that barrel. when you think it had a good amount of owners.

i would think any 1 in 9 barrel form the custom barrel makers will shoot the 25 v mav superb. i wanted a 1 in 9 but got the offer of a 1 in 10 cheap. and for the ranges i use it to the 20 vmax is more then enough. i had a fox last night when i went for a little look around.

front of the chest/ throat area. bag of mush when i picked him up. blood love this little fireball to bits. I always grab it when going now

Archived