Good luck at Diggle this weekend

Elwood

Cheers Ian - the great and the good of F Class started arriving at Diggle this afternoon hoping for a few rounds.... which they got. Then the rain came...........

It looks like a tough weekend weather-wise. Saturday night's curry could well be the highlight of the weekend!

Vince

Danny can you see what 6mm bartlein blanks brian has got in stock please, i want one sutiable for a 87 grain bullet

Cheers guys. Just got in from a chinese with Danny,Tony,Russel and Ross.

As usual the crack is spot on.

Looks like this weekend it will be a comp to see who's waterproofs are the best.

Cheers

Dave

weather was horible guys ,gusty conditions with tons of rain ,so it was perfect scottish weather :)

it all depended on what detail you were on ,some got it easy some got it realy tuff

their were a lot of 1s and 2s coming up at 1k

guys in the top 6 after today

mik masimovik

liam fenlon

anthony dunne

mark daish

grant taylor

les bacon

i think this is the correct order only 5 points seperate these

i think the forcast for tomorow is lighter winds but more rain

I've just dried out!

Got a soaking at both 800 and 1000, the new barrel is holding good vertical though.

It's just the nut behind the butt that can't control the horizontal!

I think today has been the worst conditions I've had to endure on the range for a long time.

Supposedly this is for fun! At times like these you have to dig deep into you reserves of enthusiasm.

Cheers

Dave

dave your plotting chart said it all the rifle shoots ,that was impressive it was a straight line through the v thats the toughest i have seen since the bad detail at blair this year

danny t vertical was less than impressive though ,tuff luck danny its a nightmare when that happens

Ill be down tomorrow chaps, returning last years trophy ;)

Early doors on the stags then down to Diggle for a brew at lunch.

Catch you in the morning.

well that was four seasons in one afernoon ive packed it up for this weekend , i think i can put my finger on my vertical problems (down to bad case prep)inside neck turning is less than effective , so binn the cases order a throating reamer to beat the dunky dougnuts (seat the bullets forward of the neck shoulder juntion )

. i shot a 93x8 from a 2 and twenty at 800 with six points lost to vertical and 1 too the wind. bugger it you have to have your loads spot on or you might as well piddle into the wind . that put me in the bottom third of the field shooting a 7/300 WSM its not woth burning barrels if you need to put right your own mistakes first.

This is by far the most competative league in the world bar none and long may it carry on good luck to Dave and Grant tomorrow ,i hope to get sorted out in time for the euros in November .

Danny

Well done you lot did you get wet again?.

Ive had the chance to put some rounds over the chrony todaythis says it all.

3079 first group through clean barrel.

2nd

3rd

4th

3015 new brass for this test

the first three groups through the chrony were winchester 270wsm necked up with 4 fireing and anneled

looks like my winchester brass has had it after 3 fireings . so iam going to try some norma brass next shoot and hope it lasts longer than the last lot .

primer pockets still nice and tight no real signs of stress on the brass but even with the bench sorce treatment from spud they look like theve had it .

Has any body got anything to add about case life of WSM brass.

my buddy hugh is on 7-8 firings and his brass is good ,norma though ,he is using custom dies without to much oversizing going on ,maby thats why it lasting longer, if you annealing it should last as long as primmerpockets dont go on you ,my shehane brass is on 14 firings and still get tight elevation

wonce annealed you may need more neck or less neck tension as that will change as the brass gets softer and will change the loads elevation

no it stayed dry -

my buddy hugh is on 7-8 firings and his brass is good ,norma though ,he is using custom dies without to much oversizing going on ,maby thats why it lasting longer, if you annealing it should last as long as primmerpockets dont go on you ,my shehane brass is on 14 firings and still get tight elevation

wonce annealed you may need more neck or less neck tension as that will change as the brass gets softer and will change the loads elevation

no it stayed dry -

Grant does Hugh use 300WSM or 270 WSM brass?

Winchester 7WSM brass, 7 firings and still going, annealed every other firing. I was at Bisley today practising and the rifle held 1 MOA vertical with about 800 rounds through the barrel.

I have some new brass ready to go, it will be interesting to see if it makes any difference Danny.

Out of interest what powder are you using?

Hi Ian I am useing n560 65.1 grns fed match primers with siera 180 bullets , you can see from the new brass used today the old brass is bloody awful , I think i will try H1000 ,i know 560 has a bad reputation for being hot i may be this thats giving me the bad ES here and there.

Try RL25 Danny and play around with neck tension, more is better from my findings.

I used N560 in my 6mm Crusader and it suffered from elavation issues at 1000 yards.

thanks Ian i will give it a go next week when i pick some up , thats very helpful to know that the 560 gave you vertical in a 6mm .By the way things are hotting up in the league for next year , its getting harder lots of people are going to be shooting wsm at 1k and 284 or shehanes at 8/900 , i thought 93x8 wasnt to bad but 3 point lost to the pack on every detail puts you right down the bottom , But its all good in the long run.

My old barrel had 1200 rounds through it

I used 200 Norma 300 WSM cases prepped (312 nk)

7mm/270WSM reamer.

270 WSM bushing die with 308 (I think) bushing

7mm WSM Forster seater

300 WSM body die with .040" turned off the base...

RL 25

All still have tight primer pockets and before I decided to pull barrel es was single digit at time of last chrony session.

Two more Broughtons ready for duty in November......once ive finished a certain BAT M for someone....... :);)

My old barrel had 1200 rounds through it

I used 200 Norma 300 WSM cases prepped (312 nk)

7mm/270WSM reamer.

270 WSM bushing die with 308 (I think) bushing

7mm WSM Forster seater

300 WSM body die with .040" turned off the base...

RL 25

All still have tight primer pockets and before I decided to pull barrel es was single digit at time of last chrony session.

Two more Broughtons ready for duty in November......once ive finished a certain BAT M for someone....... :);)

iam shooting a 7/300 ,What sort of load of rl25 would you start with Ronin .

Archived