Steps Needed in case prep

dannyt

Well Reading some of the threads on the many forums on Case prep For long Range shooting its clear many people differ .

So to a new comer to the sport this will take a bit of sorting out so to speak .

Why not put up a Stickey post with the proven steps needed to make your Ammo competative, so all new comers wanting strait forward steps in case prep can go forward and start loading there ammo with some good solid advice for all to see.

Doent have to be to indepth maybe as simple as bullet points the the next step taken

Well Reading some of the threads on the many forums on Case prep For long Range shooting its clear many people differ .

So to a new comer to the sport this will take a bit of sorting out so to speak .

Why not put up a Stickey post with the proven steps needed to make your Ammo competative, so all new comers wanting strait forward steps in case prep can go forward and start loading there ammo with some good solid advice for all to see.

Doent have to be to indepth maybe as simple as bullet points the the next step taken

How do Danny, i like the idea of a sticky however, as im sure you have found as well as me, theres definitely more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.. In fact, theres more than 10! Even when speaking to experienced people (moreso than me), they cant agree on whether you need to (for example) uniform the primer pockets or not, whether annealing has an effect on accuracy, or not..

It seems to me that it is easy to prove or disprove a theory as theres a lot of reloading going on in the world in less than optimal testing conditions.

I hope someone does grip your idea, even if it just gives a summary of the processes which have been known to work previously. I have to say Spud's videos on YouTube are very informative and when i was trying to 'hone' a load for long range, they helped massively.

ATB,

FF

Agreed, there are too many methods and opinions about what is right.

Just googling brass prep comes up with a wealth of information like this

http://home.comcast.net/~jesse99/caseprep.html

Some good information here but I don't agree with all of it.

Spuds vids are well worth watching.

Rup

Archived