Pulsar N550 Doubler

223magic

Don't think just do it. Transforms it by 150 percent. I was just ok with my pulsar until I put doubler on it now i love it. Better mag better clarity better light. Why they didn't just make them like this is beond me

I use a doubler from Scott Country and yes it is a massive improvement over the standard lens, however it is not without it's own problems.

My N550 is fitted to a 22-250 and I have had lots of problems with the doubler moving under recoil and I know that I am not the only one, Scott Country clearly state that they have tested it on a 243 with no problems, hmm not convinced about that. As soon as the doubler moves so does the POI. The little allen screws provided with the kit are just not up to use on a centrefire IMO.

Seeing as the doubler massively improves the scopes performance I decided to glue my adaptor in permenantly as well using the allen screws, I have had no more problems since doing this.

The only thing I would add is that I have read that the Sony lens is much better than the Yukon one supplied with SC's kit and it will fit straight into Dr Bob's adaptor, which Dr Bob will apparently sell direct, I have no personal experience of this however.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the lense adaptor off bob and the lense was off flea bay and I think it was £ 130 I think I'll get model off it tonight and have a look. Pity your not up this way you could have had a ganders.

The lens you need is a Sony VCL-HG1737C. Please do not waste your money on anything else.

Have you had a look at the scotts country doubler set up. I think Sony lense is spot on but hear bad reports on the other one

Have you had a look at the scotts country doubler set up. I think Sony lense is spot on but hear bad reports on the other one

Bri, when I designed the doubler I tried many differing len's of differing costs and magnification. The one that performs the best is the Sony lens. The Sony lens isn't focus fusy, improves picture clarity and give a useable magnification for centre fire users.

The Yukon lens that Scott Country are selling works, but does not give the clarity (by a big margin)and is also very long in comparison to the sony. This added length is the main contributor to the POI shift that some are getting. On that note, Dr Bob has now changed the 3 point fixing of the adapter to a 4 point fixing to try and elliminate this problem.

It is a shame that Bob didn't stick to his guns and keep my original design with the Sony lens recessed into the adaptor, but he was coerced to redesign the adapter to suit the Yukon lens that I assume Scott Country can make more profit from.

lordlardofframs' The lens you need is a Sony VCL-HG1737C. Please do not waste your money on anything else.

Advice needed, I have purchased the sony lens and to me it seems not as good as the Scott Country doubler lens, am I doing somthing wrong. I run the N550 with a Starlight Firefly Laser, when I changed back to the LR808 Laser the Sony did seem a bit better ? dont get me wrong still very good with the improved lasers and the doubler.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like a more secure version of the Dr Bob one, I have had lots of trouble with mine coming loose when used on a recoiling rifle,so looks good well done.

The dr bob/ scott country doubler has made a world of difference on my scope. I have it on a hmr so no recoil but i do worry about the rigidity of it as it's quite long and those grub screws are tiny. Not sure if that Daniel guy above is the person from Portugal who sells his version of the adapter, but it looks very sturdy if you are willing to take your digisight apart.

• 4 months later...

The dr bob/ scott country doubler has made a world of difference on my scope. I have it on a hmr so no recoil but i do worry about the rigidity of it as it's quite long and those grub screws are tiny. Not sure if that Daniel guy above is the person from Portugal who sells his version of the adapter, but it looks very sturdy if you are willing to take your digisight apart.

Yes, is me you can check all my vids searching for dhopinto in the youtube.

Regards from Portugal

• 2 weeks later...

Bri, when I designed the doubler I tried many differing len's of differing costs and magnification. The one that performs the best is the Sony lens. The Sony lens isn't focus fusy, improves picture clarity and give a useable magnification for centre fire users.

The Yukon lens that Scott Country are selling works, but does not give the clarity (by a big margin)and is also very long in comparison to the sony. This added length is the main contributor to the POI shift that some are getting. On that note, Dr Bob has now changed the 3 point fixing of the adapter to a 4 point fixing to try and elliminate this problem.

It is a shame that Bob didn't stick to his guns and keep my original design with the Sony lens recessed into the adaptor, but he was coerced to redesign the adapter to suit the Yukon lens that I assume Scott Country can make more profit from.

Hi, in my opinion, the Pulsar lens are better choice than the Sony lens, mainly because the Pulsar lens need less distance to get a perfect focus than the Sony, about the clarity, I think it is the same.

Archived