Accuracy International AE MK III

LONG RANGE CAPT

Interesting idea, I'd like to know too, and id also like to know what epoxy they would use for a perminant bond. Only reason AI havent don't it yet is it probably negates the need to sell the AW any more. Any smiths thoughts please?

Dan

Dan, any of the 'standard' gunsmithy epoxies will do; there's no voodoo in it. The AW has one spec'd but it's just a standard devcon type product. As I'm sure you know, they all come apart with heat - so none of them are 'permanent' - I think a lot of people walk around thinking the AW has been bonded at metal to metal molecular level. It's just epoxy. :)

Dan, any of the 'standard' gunsmithy epoxies will do; there's no voodoo in it. The AW has one spec'd but it's just a standard devcon type product. As I'm sure you know, they all come apart with heat - so none of them are 'permanent' - I think a lot of people walk around thinking the AW has been bonded at metal to metal molecular level. It's just epoxy. :)

I'm guessing a smith could just bed up to behind the recoil lug and use a releass agent on the lug only. The AE mk3 has a removable trigger group so no need to take the chassis off. The recoil lug is huge and has a locating pin, I don't know how much clearance is infront of it to allow out to be removed a during a barrel change. Guss I'll have a look this weekend. Will this effort improve the accuracy any, Probably not.

Dan

Does any one know IF you can adapt a AE MKIII to run on AW 10rd mags ?

As far as I am aware the looking ring is different ( I presume it has slightly different feed ramping ) , as the AICS feeds single & the AW dual .

Also I know a AICS mag has the same exterior dimensions as the AW mag .

Also I think you may have to remove too much metal in the action mag well area for the AW mag to sit far enough IN to feed , thsi maybe the mod that stops peole from doing IT , I am only guessing as I donot have a AE rifle to measure .

So you would have to be able to buy a AW breeching ring to start with , and it would be feasable if you did not have too much metal to remove ( other wise you may weaken the action too much .

Later Chris

• 2 years later...

Dan, any of the 'standard' gunsmithy epoxies will do; there's no voodoo in it. The AW has one spec'd but it's just a standard devcon type product. As I'm sure you know, they all come apart with heat - so none of them are 'permanent' - I think a lot of people walk around thinking the AW has been bonded at metal to metal molecular level. It's just epoxy. smile.gif

The Apoxy used is the following.

FSC 8030 Preservative and Sealing Compounds MFG SKU NSN Item Name Details CAGE Code RFQ ES-91

ES91 8030-01-460-0894 Epoxy Mortar kit Special Features: 3.7 liter can; consists of epoxy resin and hardener

Resin Component Ingredients: Epoxy

Archived