How to obtain a 22-250 or 260 for Varminting?

Mike6.5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get rid of your rimmy....MMMMMMMMMM so when your 22.250 is to much gun around buildings ect they expect you to use that ? like cheshire they dont have a clue do they....this is why we have diff cals for diff occasions where we need certain power but which is safe for the task.

Lancashire won't give 22-250 for varmint they say it's over kill :wacko: bugs me know end as i have to take 2 rifles out

That's ludicrous mate. I live in Bentham which is 2 miles in North Yorkshire two miles from Cumbria and two same for Lancashire. I use 22-250 for vermin etc... I'm fairly sure mate they can't refuse you it on those grounds when neighbouring counties allow it. Not sure mate but worth asking.

That's ludicrous mate. I live in Bentham which is 2 miles in North Yorkshire two miles from Cumbria and two same for Lancashire. I use 22-250 for vermin etc... I'm fairly sure mate they can't refuse you it on those grounds when neighbouring counties allow it. Not sure mate but worth asking.

I live only a few miles from manchester who i believe allow it when i mentioned that to cheshire was simply told we are cheshire NOT manchester..complete and utter deciduous trees

Just been told by Lancs send in your ticket with letter and we will look at adding rabbit while out foxing 22-250 IF you get rid of your Rimfires?? and just have the one rifle for all, how bloody mad is this :blink: think i better look at moving to another county :wacko:

oh thats exactly what i got, i think the guy is now looking for a new job though i think i gave in and lost the hmr- he realy seemed to want the lr gone but no chance thats happening was either that or go to court over the matter. I wouldnt mind betting if i asked for a variation for a HMR today i would get it granted :rolleyes: He claimed i had too many vermin guns, yet wouldn't listen to good reason to posses each one for specific purposes. BTW i live on a massive farm in a very rural area, vermin rifles are basically an every day sort of tool

I live only a few miles from manchester who i believe allow it when i mentioned that to cheshire was simply told we are cheshire NOT manchester..complete and utter deciduous trees

Maybee because they are enlightened to were gun crime actually comes from. Aint it a fact that tighter gun control of licenced users takes thier eye of the ball thats actually in play. You know the thing that realy stinks it's our tax money that funds these fools and they want to raise the licence fees to boot. What would indusrty bosses say to that one - Work more effeciently! Ask for more money to sort rural crime, drugs, gangs its yours imo ask for it for some jobs for your mates? on yer bike!

oh thats exactly what i got, i think the guy is now looking for a new job though i think i gave in and lost the hmr- he realy seemed to want the lr gone but no chance thats happening was either that or go to court over the matter. I wouldnt mind betting if i asked for a variation for a HMR today i would get it granted :rolleyes: He claimed i had too many vermin guns, yet wouldn't listen to good reason to posses each one for specific purposes. BTW i live on a massive farm in a very rural area, vermin rifles are basically an every day sort of tool

I Kent and a very nice gaff you have also nice area to live, you still working on the place or did you get round to finishing it??, i called in for a coffee once and you offered me rabbit pie ;)

Couldn't agree more Mick, I've had many arguments with Cheshire, I think the witch in charge of licensing doesn't really have a clue about the various calibres etc and is very blinkered in her views, and she restricts everything just because "she can"

I've had 2 FAC air rifles for over 10 years and this time when my renewal was up the FLO said "ah you can't have two rifles of the same calibre" but like he was doing me a favor he said "if I put on my application that 1 of them was for NV "she" may let it go"........"she"makes my ferkin blood boil :angry: twenty years ago I had a .270 that I could use for foxing I bet that wouldn't get past her now! some of you other guys should think yourselves lucky not to live in Cheshire.

Couldn't agree more Mick, I've had many arguments with Cheshire, I think the witch in charge of licensing doesn't really have a clue about the various calibres etc and is very blinkered in her views, and she restricts everything just because "she can"

I've had 2 FAC air rifles for over 10 years and this time when my renewal was up the FLO said "ah you can't have two rifles of the same calibre" but like he was doing me a favor he said "if I put on my application that 1 of them was for NV "she" may let it go"........"she"makes my ferkin blood boil :angry: twenty years ago I had a .270 that I could use for foxing I bet that wouldn't get past her now! some of you other guys should think yourselves lucky not to live in Cheshire.

tempting to say no leave it as is - they both had good reason when granted. I think your spot on "no" because its my little bit of power. I mean just how dangerous to public safety is one man having two air guns, rather than 1 :rolleyes:

I Kent and a very nice gaff you have also nice area to live, you still working on the place or did you get round to finishing it??, i called in for a coffee once and you offered me rabbit pie ;)

You will have to remind me of that one, everyone gets foisted off with Rabbit pie at ours, gotta do something with them :lol: Finished? getting there but bank account near 200k lighter so far :lol:

You will have to remind me of that one, everyone gets foisted off with Rabbit pie at ours, gotta do something with them :lol: Finished? getting there but bank account near 200k lighter so far :lol:

I use to have the childrens nursery in Whalley, sold that and now have one in GT-Harwood :wacko:

I enquired about getting 243 a few yrs ago for deer..and she actually read the cal rifles i have..plus the ones i have 2 of in same cal which are 22rimmie...17hmr..and 223 she said if she had known at the time i applied for same cal she would of said NO..as in her eyes it takes a few secs to change a day scope to a NV scope..and zero...i went mad at her on phone..and when i explained no it dont she just would not listen..then she got funny about 243..she shouldnt be in that job...cause she has no idea about todays shooters.

Mick

I enquired about getting 243 a few yrs ago for deer..and she actually read the cal rifles i have..plus the ones i have 2 of in same cal which are 22rimmie...17hmr..and 223 she said if she had known at the time i applied for same cal she would of said NO..as in her eyes it takes a few secs to change a day scope to a NV scope..and zero...i went mad at her on phone..and when i explained no it dont she just would not listen..then she got funny about 243..she shouldnt be in that job...cause she has no idea about todays shooters.

Mick

We do have recourse, through the dept chief constable. I have heard of two that did this though it sounds risky, ultimatly the buck stops with them NOT the head of dept. They realy don't like being told they are wrong do they? not a good sign in a leader

I had george wallace on the case for past yr as BASC would NOT get involved so i joined NGO George went higher than the cheshire witch..either supt or chief cont who replied to me saying the rifles i have cover every eventuality that i may come across...and i should stop asking for "Lawful Quarry"...but ref the safety part about having to take x2 rifles out and leaving one in the car unattended..there was NO reply back to that..Cheshire are just shite at there job.

Mick

Slightly different for me, I'm under North Yorks and find them really good to be honest.

I've even got fox on my .30-06 (whilst out stalking) but they would not entertain any lawful quarry.

Seems strange to me in all honesty but wonder if its resistance to a new form of condition which will hopefully settle down in time?

I have a .204 for Fox and vermin whilst foxing. (Lancashire)

Not an issue with them have had bigger deer cals with same (whilst) condition, be aware its not a primary grant and can be removed leaving you with fox only. Had this come up a few years ago on my 7mm but managed to retain it non the less

Lancashire won't give 22-250 for varmint they say it's over kill :wacko: bugs me know end as i have to take 2 rifles out

Really!? this is whats amazing im Just in North Yorks mate 5 mins away from Lancs and Cumbria and they let me have 22-250 for vermin, wether its foxes crows etc... Why doesnt everyone have a uniform set of guidlines in so every one across the country can use certain calibres etc. Instead its up too one random guy who half the time doesnt know what there talking about? I dont blame the individuals at all as they are just doing there job but surely the Police as an organisation should be training everyone the same way?

Anyway its a shame you cant Camo mate as i love my 22-250, happily shoots out to 600yrds well.

CZ

I'm the same Gandy use 30-06 and am allowed to shoot foxes with it whilst stalking. North Yorks are fantastic mate i agree. The other thing that annoys me and am hearing alot of is the word 'overkill' fook me once you shot it and its dead its dead!? its not gonna suddenly jump up and complain about you shooting it with a larger calibre than perhaps should have done is it!? if you shoot a fox with 30-06 it puts a hole in it just like my 22-250 so i dont get the whole overkil at all, just a poor excuse.

Archived