Sako Tikka Picitany Rail

devilishdave

They are not the same as the Sako doesnt have any as standard not sure about the Tika and the action legnth will makke if further different towards fitting holes

if you want one speak to Craig at third eye tactical

They are not the same as the Sako doesnt have any as standard not sure about the Tika and the action legnth will makke if further different towards fitting holes

if you want one speak to Craig at third eye tactical

No mounting point surely it has, how else would you fit scope bases????

No mounting point surely it has, how else would you fit scope bases????

The Sako and Tika both use opti bases for mounting scope rings and as such can not be classed as standard , picatinnys usually miount on to the receiver via screws.

Craig does a versiion that adapts opti bases to picatinny rail , thi is why i said to contact third eye

Just to clarify for folks on a very basic level. Both Sako and Tikka can use optilocks on a Dove Tail style mount machined in to the action. There are slight differences between Tikka T3 and the olders models (from experiance) let alone the sako actions. I have no experiance of this.

There are companies that produce adapters from the Dovetail to picatinney. There is no question that picatinny and weaver have a difference.

The OP was asking "will an adapter for a sako fit a T3 or vise versa?"

Tikkas or at least the T3. Has a parallel rail with four holes drilled in the top of the receiver.This will accept a piccatinny rail which is available from GMK the sako/tikka importers.Sakos all models except the TRG have tapered bases on them with no predrilled holes to accept a rail.Ihave seen piccatinny/weaver style rails fitted to opti lok bases.Not sure whether these are available from GMK.There tel-01489 587500.

atb SEAN

• 2 weeks later...

Ronny

I am thinking of getting another Tikka. I want a left handed s/s rifle and not much choice other that custom.

Who did you get the Stainless rail from, and i remember reading that someone in the uk is doing some nice bits and pieces like trigger gaurd replacements, bolt shrouds etc. Can someone remind me of the manufacturer.

Thanks

Eddie

Ronny

I am thinking of getting another Tikka. I want a left handed s/s rifle and not much choice other that custom.

Who did you get the Stainless rail from, and i remember reading that someone in the uk is doing some nice bits and pieces like trigger gaurd replacements, bolt shrouds etc. Can someone remind me of the manufacturer.

Thanks

Eddie

Eddie,

I was talking to Craig at third eye yesterday, and he is now doing 2 piece mounts for sako,s. Give him a buzz.

I also took a couple of Tikka,s in for bedding that had just had the new steel factory replacement bottom metals fitted from -, and very nice they were too...real top quality.

I have some bottom metal for the t3 on its way over from the states at the minute, but mine are designed to take the AICS 5 and 10 round magazines. They are due any day now [ i hope ]

Is the Picitany rail for the Sako and Tikka T3 the same? I am fairly sure it is but just would like a bit of confirmation.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Davee

Here is a NEAR Alphamount on a Tikka 595, and the same but a prototype on a Tikka 695.. Richard is able to reproduce these to order, having worked out the CNC info. It may be of interest that he is currently working on the same thing in either zero or 20 MOA for the T3.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

Just a thought.

Good lucy with whatever you decide.

P

• 5 months later...

Still makes me smile seeing your .275 Rigby Pete :)

Lovely.

Have my eye on a 695 DL........ :rolleyes:

Still makes me smile seeing your .275 Rigby Pete :)

Lovely.

Have my eye on a 695 DL........ :rolleyes:

Andy , it makes me smile every time I take it out.... got it going with 140 NPT now, shoots into same size group as with the 140 NBT with exactly the same load. 7mm hole in, 25mmm hole out... minimal meat damage even on boiler room shots, even on shoulders the damage is minimal. It is perfect for my kind of stalking. The barrel does not collect copper; at least no signs of it using KG11. .... and the Fallow just hate it, the Roe never even hear the bang.

Oh, and I have got the rail on the right way around now, so Richard was not far off with his dimensions after all, above all the Alphamount is rock solid, albeit a tad spendy

Keep me posted on what mischief you get up to with the 695....

ATB

P

Think the Alphamount is the "pure class" option for Tikka scope conunderums, it looks perfect.

Archived