2 different mounting problems

AnthonyR

I have been trying to mount my N550 onto my Surgeon actioned 22-250, unfortunately as the built in rail is 20 MOA the scope is not even looking where the bullets are going, let alone have any chance of adjusting down to the POI.

To get around this I have bought another mount from Thomas Jacks (I want to use the scope on more than one rifle) with a plan to getting 20 MOA ground out of it to make the scope sit level on the bore.

Question is who would be able to do this for me, I am normally pretty handy with the tools but I have no idea how much to take off or any clue as to how keep every thing nice and square.

I also need an adaptor to convert the 11mm rail on my Anschutz 1517 HMR to picatinny, preferably as low as possible.

I have tried 2 different ones from Deben, one is 2 piece Picatinny one that is too long for the front part of the dovetail, the other is a Weaver one that won't fit my on my N-550.

I know that NVScopes sell some, but they are out of stock at the moment and Clive hasn't yet told me how long before they come back in.

Any sugestions would be most welcome

I have been trying to mount my N550 onto my Surgeon actioned 22-250, unfortunately as the built in rail is 20 MOA the scope is not even looking where the bullets are going, let alone have any chance of adjusting down to the POI.

To get around this I have bought another mount from Thomas Jacks (I want to use the scope on more than one rifle) with a plan to getting 20 MOA ground out of it to make the scope sit level on the bore.

Question is who would be able to do this for me, I am normally pretty handy with the tools but I have no idea how much to take off or any clue as to how keep every thing nice and square.

I also need an adaptor to convert the 11mm rail on my Anschutz 1517 HMR to picatinny, preferably as low as possible.

I have tried 2 different ones from Deben, one is 2 piece Picatinny one that is too long for the front part of the dovetail, the other is a Weaver one that won't fit my on my N-550.

I know that NVScopes sell some, but they are out of stock at the moment and Clive hasn't yet told me how long before they come back in.

Any sugestions would be most welcome

Anthony are you planning to sit a second mount on top of the one one your surgeon? if so could you not just turn the second 20 moa rail round so they level each other out?

Andy

Anthony are you planning to sit a second mount on top of the one one your surgeon? if so could you not just turn the second 20 moa rail round so they level each other out?

Andy

No I wasn't, the scope already sits really high and I want to keep it as low as possible.

I have bought a 2nd complete N550 mount that bolts to the underside of the scope itself, was hoping to get somebody to modify it for me.

Morning Anthony,

Re-your question on an adaptor for the Anschutz...... have a look at these by J&P in the US, they're the lowest mounting option I've found anywhere, they're simply a spacer made from Delrin and won't mark your rifle as they're held in place by the mount of the 'scope.

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/product_info.php?cPath=8&products_id=239

I've bought mainspring and action screw sets from them for my CZ and Finnfire and can vouch for the quality. They're quick to post and easy to email, they're also Trade Members/Sponsors of the RimfireCentral forums (http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php) and Pete is an active poster on there and their products get good feedback.

atb

FBW

(I never did get to Southend for those spare 224 heads you had.... hey ho.)

Morning Anthony,

Re-your question on an adaptor for the Anschutz...... have a look at these by J&P in the US, they're the lowest mounting option I've found anywhere, they're simply a spacer made from Delrin and won't mark your rifle as they're held in place by the mount of the 'scope.

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/product_info.php?cPath=8&products_id=239

I've bought mainspring and action screw sets from them for my CZ and Finnfire and can vouch for the quality. They're quick to post and easy to email, they're also Trade Members/Sponsors of the RimfireCentral forums (http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php) and Pete is an active poster on there and their products get good feedback.

atb

FBW

(I never did get to Southend for those spare 224 heads you had.... hey ho.)

Thanks for the info.

I have currently ground a bit out of one the adaptors I aleady had, so hoping that might fix the problem with the HMR without blowing any more cash.

Still don't have an answer to the other problem, but have one lead I am hoping might come through.

I still have those heads if you want them, would love to get rid.

Archived