RPA

gazzar15

A mate of mine has a RPA quadlock action and a brand new Bartlein 30 cal barrel he wishes to mate up. He phoned RPA asking for the tenon details and they basically fobbed him off .Can any of you talented gunsmiths/engineers let me know thread type length etc for this action?

Thanks

Gary

A mate of mine has a RPA quadlock action and a brand new Bartlein 30 cal barrel he wishes to mate up. He phoned RPA asking for the tenon details and they basically fobbed him off

Since they became Rangemaster Precision Arms Pete Glazzard has been working hard to push the profile of the business up so I am disappointed to hear this, I hope it is not a sign of them slipping back to the 'bad old days' and given the names they now have involved in the business I would doubt this sort of response to a customer enquiry would be well received. I would suggest calling back, ask for Pete and tell him what happened, they need to know so they can get things on track again.

• 1 month later...

Since they became Rangemaster Precision Arms Pete Glazzard has been working hard to push the profile of the business up so I am disappointed to hear this, I hope it is not a sign of them slipping back to the 'bad old days' and given the names they now have involved in the business I would doubt this sort of response to a customer enquiry would be well received. I would suggest calling back, ask for Pete and tell him what happened, they need to know so they can get things on track again.

Just to reinforce on what Davy was saying- I also have dealt with Pete recently and I can honestly say that he could not do enough to help me out. I had a long discussion with him regarding how he is digging out blind to build up a better company name again and I'm sure he will be livid to hear how you were fobbed off by one of their technical guys.

Regards

Ian

No dimesnion for the Quadlock - the Quadlite is 1" 1/16th x16tpi,and machined to allow a supported shank just inside the action, along with a washer style recoil lug.

Whoever does the machining, should be able to measure the action and get the correct thread pitch and OD ......

I have a Quadlite drawing for the rangemaster..

Archived