NV Project

andybrock

Hi darren

thanks mate

been looking the bosh iluminators u use but there dosent seem to be any about!

what do u guys think of this camera?

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/camera_ir_rf30sh2370.htm

not sure how the lens in mm works?

is that a mesurment of the zoom or field of view?

i want it to spot incoming foxs coming to a caller so whatever u guys think would work best!

cheers Andy

Andy, you will not see a fox at 100yards with a 3.6mm lens, to see a fox at 100 yards you will need a 100mm lens at least.

http://www.cam-techsecurity.co.uk/cctv-free-lens-calculator this is a good lens calculator which should help

Regards

Darren

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all,

Gone a bit quiet so I guess we're all in acquisition and development mode, much like everyone-else I can't find any used Bosch Aegis UFLED units, even tried the mod vehicle sales site at Witham Motors (http://www.mod-sales.com/) 'cos they sometimes have kit like this but no joy there, could always buy a helicopter though!

Quick question for Darren (Lordlardofframs) -

Could you use the Sony doubler you fitted to an N550 on the Ranger Pros? I can get my hands on one and guess it would/could improve the definition, although restrict the field of view.

atb

Fizz

Morning all,

Gone a bit quiet so I guess we're all in acquisition and development mode, much like everyone-else I can't find any used Bosch Aegis UFLED units, even tried the mod vehicle sales site at Witham Motors (http://www.mod-sales.com/) 'cos they sometimes have kit like this but no joy there, could always buy a helicopter though!

atb

Fizz

The Bosch Aeegis units are available from your local Bosch CCTV oufit,there is a dealer locator on the Bosch website. However the problem is the price I phoned a local one and was quoted £450-550 each depending on spec :o:o

That is why I used a Lightforce lamp with an IR filter.

The Bosch Aeegis units are available from your local Bosch CCTV oufit,there is a dealer locator on the Bosch website. However the problem is the price I phoned a local one and was quoted £450-550 each depending on spec :o:o

That is why I used a Lightforce lamp with an IR filter.

...and that's the problem! Lol! Trying to do it on a budget (aka pension) <_<

Hi darren

thanks mate

been looking the bosh iluminators u use but there dosent seem to be any about!

what do u guys think of this camera?

http://www.rfconcept..._rf30sh2370.htm

not sure how the lens in mm works?

is that a mesurment of the zoom or field of view?

i want it to spot incoming foxs coming to a caller so whatever u guys think would work best!

cheers Andy

Dont even bother with these sort of cameras. I spent £400 + on this crap with different lens and got no where. You need a digital monocular or a really good commercial camera to do the job. Save yourself the wasted money buy once buy right

I use a Bescor MPH1 Motorized Remote Controlled Pan & Tilt Head (do a google / ebay search) which is fully motorized and remote

Regards

Darren

They only turn 90 degrees could do with at least 200 degrees. Keep lookin at comercal cctv but not found anything that is nt going to cost an arm and a leg. cheers though

I stand corrected then. It just said something about 90 degrees. They were only listing one. How hard would it be to extend the lead, it only has a 3 foot lead on it. And just like to add your pulsar doubler is spot on.

I stand corrected then. It just said something about 90 degrees. They were only listing one. How hard would it be to extend the lead, it only has a 3 foot lead on it. And just like to add your pulsar doubler is spot on.

This isn't the cheapest place, but they list all the accesories including a 20ft cable, USB controller, etc etc. http://www.cameragrip.co.uk/acatalog/Pan___Tilt_Power_Heads.html

You can find all of these on the bay at a fraction of the cost

Just to add another toy to the box.........................

Went over to the keeper's last night to walk some pens out ready for the birds to arrive and set up the ranger pro's with the screens in daylight.

The keeper has the Pulsar N550 with the Sony doubler and it was mentioned by a telecoms systems man there that it would be easy to add a wireless transmitter to the N550 and a receiver in the Ranger system. Meaning that the others could see what was going on through the scope on the screens. (Lol, can just see the recriminations now!!) The wireless transmitters must only weigh a couple of ounces and means that the rifle won't have the wire to get tangled up in.

Next time I see him I'll ask him about specs but guess there'll be someone on here already who'll know.

Quick question of my own which Darren (Lordy :) ) will know the answer to..... using the quad splitter for your 4 cameras, do you need specific screens set up for multi feeds? Or an adaptor? Magic box?

ie Now I've got a pair of in-car DVD screens on the way, can I use these or need to find and buy something-else?

Cheers

Fizz

Onwards and upwards, infinity and beyond (or something like that!!)

Just to add another toy to the box.........................

Went over to the keeper's last night to walk some pens out ready for the birds to arrive and set up the ranger pro's with the screens in daylight.

The keeper has the Pulsar N550 with the Sony doubler and it was mentioned by a telecoms systems man there that it would be easy to add a wireless transmitter to the N550 and a receiver in the Ranger system. Meaning that the others could see what was going on through the scope on the screens. (Lol, can just see the recriminations now!!) The wireless transmitters must only weigh a couple of ounces and means that the rifle won't have the wire to get tangled up in.

Next time I see him I'll ask him about specs but guess there'll be someone on here already who'll know.

Quick question of my own which Darren (Lordy :) ) will know the answer to..... using the quad splitter for your 4 cameras, do you need specific screens set up for multi feeds? Or an adaptor? Magic box?

ie Now I've got a pair of in-car DVD screens on the way, can I use these or need to find and buy something-else?

Cheers

Fizz

Onwards and upwards, infinity and beyond (or something like that!!)

Your screens will be fine, you just need the Signal splitter like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-Color-Quad-Video-Splitter-4CH-DVR-Camera-/230418563418?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item35a604415a

With a unit like this you can switch between cameras, or watch all of them at once.

If you want to transmit wireless signals google RC AV transmitter, I use something similar to this http://pandapeeps.com/racewood-900mhz-500mw-wireless-av-transmitter-p-40.html

Darren

Wht exact cctv camera/lens are u using to match the quality of a ranger?

And wht sort of cash?

I'm stuck and have no idea wht to buy?

A link to some to the same hardware would be usefull!

Or should I just get a ranger?

Also the bosh units! Are two required?

Cheers Andy

Darren

Wht exact cctv camera/lens are u using to match the quality of a ranger?

And wht sort of cash?

I'm stuck and have no idea wht to buy?

A link to some to the same hardware would be usefull!

Or should I just get a ranger?

Also the bosh units! Are two required?

Cheers Andy

Andy,

While Darrens set up is the dogs ###### a Ranger or Ranger Pro will serve you well with either a lightforce with IR filter or a laser hooked upto a monitor. I've just put mine in a weatherproof electrical box the same as Bri2506 as I'm not sure the Rangers are 100% waterproof.

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

While Darrens set up is the dogs ###### a Ranger or Ranger Pro will serve you well with either a lightforce with IR filter or a laser hooked upto a monitor. I've just put mine in a weatherproof electrical box the same as Bri2506 as I'm not sure the Rangers are 100% waterproof.

Cheers

Andy

[ /quote]

Hi Andy

It's just if a cctv camera for less cash then a ranger and is better/as good as a ranger for less moneys I'd rather get that!

It's looking more and more like a ranger mind! Lol

Cheers Andy

Andy, if it is a foxing set up you are trying to make, you won't in my opinion beat the Yukon Ranger. Do not bother with the Ranger Pro, it isn't worth the extra money.

My shooting involves both Rabbit shooting and Foxing, I therefore find the Field of View of the Ranger too small.

My current set up uses a 22mm bullet camera and a Yukon Ranger. Here is a quick video showing you how they compare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtSF5miEcy0&feature=youtube_gdata

Andy,

Like Darren said I don't think (although I'm new to NV)you will get a better picture than a Ranger/monitor/IR filter/ laser

after all we are only spotting fox / rabbit we ain't making a HD wildlife documentary....keep it simple. :lol:

Andy

Andy, if it is a foxing set up you are trying to make, you won't in my opinion beat the Yukon Ranger. Do not bother with the Ranger Pro, it isn't worth the extra money.

My shooting involves both Rabbit shooting and Foxing, I therefore find the Field of View of the Ranger too small.

My current set up uses a 22mm bullet camera and a Yukon Ranger. Here is a quick video showing you how they compare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtSF5miEcy0&feature=youtube_gdata

Nice one darren great vid!

even with the 22mm camera looks like u would see charlies eyes coming from a very decent distance the same as the mk1 eyeball when lamping & spoting!

ill grab a ranger & start getting bits together!

cheers Andy

Archived