Necking down .308 to 7mm

furrybean

Dont suppose anyone has a neck turner and expander mandrel I can borrow? lol :unsure:

I havent got the mandrels you will need two one slightly bigger for expanding, one slightly smaller for turning. I might have a spare siclair expander holder and you could borrow the neck turner (again a sinclair). You are going to a lot of trouble here for no ultimate gain in accuraccy though IMO, the gun will shoot relcom but is not a bench gun

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to a lot of trouble but it is interesting. If I was to buy a neck turner then I have only spent (excluding my time!) the same as buying Nosler Custom of the shelf and maybe have tools so in the future I can uniform my cases.

Still wont be able to hit $hit though lol

I am going to a lot of trouble but it is interesting. If I was to buy a neck turner then I have only spent (excluding my time!) the same as buying Nosler Custom of the shelf and maybe have tools so in the future I can uniform my cases.

Still wont be able to hit $hit though lol

yeah, go for it then. just didn't want you wasting time and money for nil gains. I doubt Nosler custom brass will improve what the gun is built to do, which is drop deer and it will lead to a lot of fumbling in the grass for those cases :lol:

If it were me and i wanted to play i should fit that bottom metal and improved mag system you found, shorten the barrel down to minimum and fit a PES T12 or T12 scout. Its a heck of a good Deer gun with those 140 gamekings and relcom brass ;)

Archived