FBI & Army Marksmanship Unit rifle marksmanship material (U.S.)

I have several PDF's and Powerpoint presentations relating to the instruction of rifle marksmanship and skill development. I've collected them over the past few years to assist me in developing in-service training courses, I've shamelessly cut-n-pasted several classes with the material.

I can see that it's well below the skill levels of members here based on the posts I've been reading. They are great sources for anyone learning to shoot or anyone teaching. While The NRA has the civilian firearms instruction "market" cornered none of this material came from The NRA. The sources vary from The F.B.I. to The (U.S.) Army & Air Force to (my) West Virginia State Police Academy.

The bulk of my knowledge is in CQB basics with both long guns and handgun whereas the gist of varmint hunting is long distance skill and fieldcraft which is the focus of the site from what I gather. I'm afraid I can't contribute alot to those subjects and don't really know how much demand exists for my brand of Kool Aid :-).

I don't want to clutter the site up needlessly so if members here express interest I will post them here, if only one or two want them just message me and I'll send them via email.

Here is what I have in mind to begin with;

FBI Basic Rifle Marksmanship

Covers the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship in detail. Discusses application of the fundamentals in various firing positions. Describes the operating system of the M16 / AR15.

U.S. Army Squad Designated Marksman Overview

Anothe look at basic rifle marksmanship, target identification skills, overview of "new" optical sight systems. A very good explanation of sight picture and sight alignment. Also contains an outstanding explanation of the battlesight zero, covers a variety of barrel lengths, bullet trajectory (5.56 NATO) and a few other odds-n-ends.

The bulk of my other material is geared to handgun and shotgun stuff however it too is mostly combat oriented skill development. Happy to share if anyone is interested.

Lowspeed, please post, there would be alot of interest in this.

All of us, i'm sure would learn something....

All of us, i'm sure would learn something....

Andy, a little late in the day for you, but glad you've realised you need to read-up on basics -we've all been too embarassed to tell you :lol:

I woud be VERY interested in seeng these.

Email is miker@westkirby26.freeserve.co.uk

Cheers

Mike.

I was involved in Police Firerams traing n a past life.

Wouldnt mind seeing the handgun stuff as well.

I don't have the drive with the PDF I wanted to post but I found this one. It's older than the one I wanted to post but it's essentially the same, just a little older.

Standby, additional PDF's, etc will follow.

fbi_basic_rifle_training.pdf

I can't seem to get the Army Powerpoint to load. I will try to sort it out and post it piecemeal after you guys are in bed or at the pub later today.

Let me know if the FBI PDF was of interest, would like more uploads along the same lines.

I can't seem to get the Army Powerpoint to load. I will try to sort it out and post it piecemeal after you guys are in bed or at the pub later today.

Let me know if the FBI PDF was of interest, would like more uploads along the same lines.

Looks an interesting read

I look forward to the rest, If you would like them hosted email them to me and I'll sort it out. My email is foxshooter 'at' hotmail.com

Mark

Archived