Tikka T3 Sporter

David Hancock

1640 Quid??? !!!

They're less than that here in NZ dollars and our dollar is just under half a UK Pound.

How can that be?

Chris-NZ

I spotted them advertised in a Danish gun shop and even with the strong Kroner they were a lot less than this. I guess this is what they think the UK market will stand, the same philosophy is applied to new cars. GBP1200/1300 I would have understood but GBP1640 is just plain daft and of course being something new on the block people will buy them (I would have had one at the right price) As an example of an alternative we are picking up a new Schultz & Larsen M97-DL Sporter in 6.5-284 tomorrow with a cut rifled switch barrel for less than this, OK it was a very special price but it is also a very special rifle.

Well it better be good at that price of £1640 as I reckon they are pushing the boat out a bit. A classic treasure island gesture by the sound of it. :rolleyes:

Can somebody point out what makes this so special and justifies the price over a standard T3?

For not much more you can get a lot of other serious options including custom.

Well it better be good at that price of £1640 as I reckon they are pushing the boat out a bit. A classic treasure island gesture by the sound of it. :rolleyes:

Can somebody point out what makes this so special and justifies the price over a standard T3?

For not much more you can get a lot of other serious options including custom.

If it is down to looks then Grodas Rifle Stocks (GRS) do competition hunting stocks with the added bonus of a limb saver included if needed. I have seen the stocks first hand and they are nice. No doubt you can find similar in the UK as well.

http://www.grodasriflestocks.com/?cID=2597

jaktfeltskjefte.jpg

A new T3 is going to be maybe GBP700? So put the two together and you have the same rifle in your hands with a good enough saving to add some trick bits.

Davy your answer basically mirrored my thoughts, they are charging you a lot for assembling the bits :unsure:

Davy your answer basically mirrored my thoughts, they are charging you a lot for assembling the bits :unsure:

Given the potential volumes of this rifle I do agree however this could also be down to the prices the importer chooses to charge the outlets. I have just found it UK listed at £1,108.47 which (Assuming it included VAT) sounds a bit more realistic. http://www.myhuntingshop.com/tikka-t3-sporter.html?___store=default

If it is down to looks then Grodas Rifle Stocks (GRS) do competition hunting stocks with the added bonus of a limb saver included if needed. I have seen the stocks first hand and they are nice. No doubt you can find similar in the UK as well.

http://www.grodasriflestocks.com/?cID=2597

jaktfeltskjefte.jpg

A new T3 is going to be maybe GBP700? So put the two together and you have the same rifle in your hands with a good enough saving to add some trick bits.

Davy, tidy looking stock. Have you seen one in the wood and are they available in the UK?

Davy, tidy looking stock. Have you seen one in the wood and are they available in the UK?

I have indeed seen theses first hand and they look very good, they do others as well but this is the one I remembered from last year. As far is the UK goes I think Jackson rifles does similar failing that you would have to buy from Norway or DK. I was going to take a serious look and then we found the S&L. There is another make that is very similar but in Walnut designed for the Mauser action. Name evades me right now but they are lovely. I will take a look when I am at Korsholm next as they had a few.

Id almost consider buying a T3 to own a stock like that..... :)

HAving just checked the web site they are available for Rem 700 and planned for Tikka 595 / 695.......

£600 for the varmint stock with hardwear, plus shipping and import duty......

Tick tick, tick.....

Jacksons do the kkc stocks which are similar with an adj plastic butt pad. Had a couple for different gun. Bloody horrible, and overpriced.

Jacksons do the kkc stocks which are similar with an adj plastic butt pad. Had a couple for different gun. Bloody horrible, and overpriced.

I dont think id consider a KKC, but these look in a different class.........

I dont think id consider a KKC, but these look in a different class.........

Ronin, you mean the GRS ones? They are nice close up and they do a few others as well, they are proving to be very popular within the sport hunting competitions as well as with regular hunters. If you want to know more and are in no real rush I work for a Norwegian company so I am sure to go over at some point this year. We are also back in DK in September for some Proper shooting and I will also call in at Korsholm (Like a hunting/rifle shop but bigger) as well as a couple of the other shops and can see what everyone is using. The Scandinavian shooting scene is different to ours in many ways and it is not unusual to see them using things we may not see until many months later.

Yes, I mean the GRS stocks, they look in a fdifferent league alltogether from the KKC stocks.

Im considering going down to one stalking rifle - 6.5x284 and re-stocking.......

Not sure if I would lose any weight on the existing manners, but the Varmint GRS looks really comfortable... / carry all day....

Yes, I mean the GRS stocks, they look in a fdifferent league alltogether from the KKC stocks.

Im considering going down to one stalking rifle - 6.5x284 and re-stocking.......

Not sure if I would lose any weight on the existing manners, but the Varmint GRS looks really comfortable... / carry all day....

I want one! It might be time to do some overtime! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grodas just got back to me. Jackson rifles are their uk distributor..

However, i contacted Jacksons and they say a deal has yet to be formalised. Guess we'll have to wait a tad longer..

Trouble is, jacksons will add their bit and as they only deal to the trade, the trader will add his bit too. These babies may well be pricey, as is everything gun related in the UK.. SSDD..

well lets hope they get a deal soon they do look realy nice. Keep me posted please streeker if you fined out more

Archived