ISSF 300m shooting

londonhunter

Tried it a while ago, the 10 ring is very small and the 9,8,7&6 etc are close together, it aint easy.

Most 300m in the UK is prone only, the targets at Bisley are electronic so no butt marking required and feedback is almost instant. If you are after some positional shooting you sould also consider trying Highpower, shot at Bisley as well on US NRA Targets that score X,10, 9,8,7,6 & 5. In order to be competitive in 300m you need to be shooting a 6mm cartridge, 6BR is the most popular but other offerings are also used including 6XC.

Thank you John

I know it is not easy hence I like to give it a go.

I agree it's 6mm all the way

Did you try it with the 300m Club at Bisley or on the continent ?

Did you find the crowd friendly at all in Bisley ?

Is this shot anywhere else in the country ?

I found a second hand rifle that will get me going for the time being for peanuts

To answer your questions, yes I have shot with the 300m Club at Bisley on one of their training days but have not shot abroad. They were friendly enough but, as the targets are electronic, once your set up you are pretty much left alone to shoot.

I'm not sure its shot anywhere else in the UK as we don't have the facilities available but there are a couple of ranges about that have electronic targets, unfortunately none in my neck of the woods. Its pretty much Bisley centric.

Have you checked out the 300m Club website as there's a fair bit of information available there?

To answer your questions, yes I have shot with the 300m Club at Bisley on one of their training days but have not shot abroad. They were friendly enough but, as the targets are electronic, once your set up you are pretty much left alone to shoot.

I'm not sure its shot anywhere else in the UK as we don't have the facilities available but there are a couple of ranges about that have electronic targets, unfortunately none in my neck of the woods. Its pretty much Bisley centric.

Have you checked out the 300m Club website as there's a fair bit of information available there?

YUP I have visited the club ran by Ian Gibbs.

I have also found a second hand 300m specificiation rifle to view in the next few weeks

I sense there are no more than a few dozen of shooters in the whole of UK participating and new commers are viewed as being suspicious and in a round about way I have been told that if will take many seasons before I am up an running.

Have spoken to HPS about a rifle and again got the similar feedback

I think a lot of people would have been put off by this stage

High cost of start up

Relatively lack of training for starter

Single centre of availability

Condesending atitude of existing shooters

we shall see

YUP I have visited the club ran by Ian Gibbs.

I have also found a second hand 300m specificiation rifle to view in the next few weeks

I sense there are no more than a few dozen of shooters in the whole of UK participating and new commers are viewed as being suspicious and in a round about way I have been told that if will take many seasons before I am up an running.

Have spoken to HPS about a rifle and again got the similar feedback

I think a lot of people would have been put off by this stage

High cost of start up

Relatively lack of training for starter

Single centre of availability

Condesending atitude of existing shooters

we shall see

Email the NRA - this is exactly the info op they should be running.

All these events are clouded in a secret argot that make them inaccessible -they need to demystify what all these events are and make them accessible.

Their last survey gave them the same message and they took the first step in the last Journal.

This is exactly the same issue. Strike while the iron is hot; and please either invite them to answer here or report back if you have any success

Archived