Whats the parent case of a 7mm booboo

dorg

Can any wise person tell me what the parent case of a 7mm booboo is please and would it be built on a long action or not. Also just how much of a barrel burner is it.

Can any wise person tell me what the parent case of a 7mm booboo is please and would it be built on a long action or not. Also just how much of a barrel burner is it.

i think vince or laurie will step up to this one vince i think still holds the uk 1000yd record with a 7mm.

a few used them at f-open but have retired them and went back to wsms as it would not be accurate at above 3050-3100 fps ,you could push it harder but it wasnt accurate

so thats why they went back to wsms as thats were they shoot good to

vince has the record with a 7mm-300wsm ,

i think the new sierra with a boo boo would be the ticket the bergers dont like to pushed to hard

The BooBoo is an interesting cartridge - 'invented' by Dave Tooley and Bill Shehane when they were looking for a new Light Gun 1000 yd BR cartridge. They wanted a magnum sized case , no belt and good quality brass - the WSMs weren't around then. It gives similar performance to a 7mm WSM with a 180 gn bullet but the WSM does it with less powder and cheaper brass.

Steve Dunn has had some success in this country with it at 1000 yd benchrest but, as it doesn't use all its case-capacity, he has now shortened it - to what he calls his Baby BooBoo.

I've been playing with a 30 BooBoo to see if it could be a serious competitor in F Class to the 7mm WSM by pushing a 200+grain bullet at over 3000 fps. Unfortunately it would only just make 3000 fps and I think the 300WSM might be a better bet.

Vince

Thanks for the info chaps, perhaps not the best calibre to beat Spuds new 284 shehane with, back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the info chaps, perhaps not the best calibre to beat Spuds new 284 shehane with, back to the drawing board.

its the nut behind the butt muwahahaha

Archived