Border barrels

Fergal

Just thought Id give a brief update on my findings with Border barrels. At this stage Ive gone through a fair amount of barrels made by Border and as of yet Ive yet to find any manufacturer to beat there barrels where accuracy is concerned. Anything they've sent out to me to date has been absolutely lethal in terms of accuracy and overall finish has also been brilliant. People in the trade have reported that they can be a bit slow to produce the goods but in there defense I have this to say, put an order into Krieger, Bartlein, or any of the US manufacturers and then make a comparison about how slow Border barrels are. You'll probably find the US guys will give you a ballpark timeframe of 12 months or more. Just my story of the day, hope more people will agree with me and try to keep there funds closer to home especially in the economic times we find ourselves in right now.

I have to agree with you there Fergal. I have two rifles built by them and I am so impressed by the phenomenal accuracy im having my 3rd 4th and 5th custom rifle built by them at present.

Touch wood I hope the next 3 are as good!!

Garry

i am shooting border 5r 1-8.5 twist this year in my f-open rifle 284 shehane and its the most accurate barrel to date easy .75 in at 400 yds if theirs no wind ,doesnt foul ,i have a few more on order ,any why buy from any other country but your own ,great product right on your door step

I have 12 twist 6mmbr,that has shot 100yd 5 shoot group measuring .1,this might be normal for some of you out there???

For me its breathtaking, i wish my wife was interested,she cant see it as a big deal :lol:

Border fan

I have a border cut barrel on my 22/250 1-7 twist very pleased indeed with its accuracy,

Tony

Just reading this thread in bed after recovering from an operation on the inside of my nose! very painful.

Fergal, Dave and Mike, Garry, Armourer Dave, Grant, nell, tony, and many many others, thanks for all the kind words.

since I became sales manager a few years back I have been trying very hard to build customer relations, customer service and faster turn around times.

Nice to read a 100% very positive thread.

Currently we are very proud to sponsor Grant Taylor who has shown extreme marksmanship in the f-class side of things. I would recommend anyone in the Scotland area thinking of having something built to go and see him.

Also if you are across the pond in Ireland, Fergal White, I would highly recommend as a choice gunsmith to have your rifle built with.

all the very best,

Lee

I was talking to Jenny yesterday, and she said you had gone in to hospital. Hope its nothing too serious, and get well soon buddy. ;)

I was talking to Jenny yesterday, and she said you had gone in to hospital. Hope its nothing too serious, and get well soon buddy. ;)

it's nasal pollops! had them for a wee while, like having grape size fleshy bits growing in your nose!

I think the rifle you painted turned up just as I left. didn't get chance to see it but I bet it's a fantastic paint job as usual.

sorry for the hassle of having to remove the intial paint job.

Lee

Lee.

Sorry to hear of your plight, I'd have liked to have finally had the chance to meet you when we called in the other week. The Ratel's nasal problem :blink: has gone away for the time being, as l'm now laid up out of his way and not playing as he puts it "The Tidy Hidy Fairy :rolleyes: " in the workshop.

I hear from the smoke signals that we can expect great new things from your neck of the woods, and we wait in antitsipation from them to come to friution B) .

All the breast with your recovery.

Regards.

Ratty.

I never had any surgery before now; the general anesthetic was well good. I asked if I could have some to take home but they declined. I often take ages to drop off but that stuff is quick!

I have been able to do much reading. it's not a bad life with laptop, cosy bed, tissues (for my nose).

I never had any surgery before now; the general anesthetic was well good. I asked if I could have some to take home but they declined. I often take ages to drop off but that stuff is quick!

I have been able to do much reading. it's not a bad life with laptop, cosy bed, tissues (for my nose).

May be a bit late but I also would like to thank Lee and everybody at Border barrel for producing a world class product

I have shot 02 barrels and as one previous poster said @silly accuracy"

Benjamin

l don't do general knockout drops very well :mad: they make me suicidal, and hard to handle which Mike will tell you takes some doing at the best of times :lol:

The bed's nice, but the pain's very distracting and l can only balance the laptop on my right leg for short periods of time.

All l want to do's get on with some much awaited work, but the poor Ratwife's at her wit's end trying to pin me down to recover. l know she means well the darling, but l'm an absolute ###### :angry: when l'm laid up in pain and can't get to do something.

ATB.

Ratty

Must be bliss not having to deal with emails from me everyday about my rifle projects :)

cheers Benjamin; hope your getting on ok with Bix.

good barrels is one thing but you also need a very good competent gunsmith to put it together; very good load development / ammunition and be good consistant shooter.

without all of the above in place the barrel is useless :rolleyes::) so you need to pat your self on the back for being a good shot, and say cheers to your gunsmith for a grand job!.

Lee

yup no more sleep....you shouldnt be on here anyhow ....should be away wiping backsides. :lol:

at least if you want a decent nites sleep come back to work....

then again....

heheheheee

congratulations

grant and family on new addition

sauer

• 1 month later...
Guest richness

I haven't had a rifle built by Border (too expensive for me) but I was certainly impressed by my Archer barrel. It shot well, hardly fouled and din't wander at all as it got warm, despite being fairly light. Lee has been very helpful with my IOR scopes.

Hope the nose heals well mate; i know you're hardcore Lee but try drinking the whisky instead of snorting it ;)

I also have an IOR scope, very pleased with it, great glass, Lee was also very helpful in my decision to purchase a second hand one.

Tony.

Archived