.20ppc

Any of you guys had much to do with the .20ppc? I've already got a .22 and 6mm ppc and would like your thoughts on the .20 as a longish range (5-600yds) calibre and will it perform any better than a .22ppc with a 40gn bullet.

Any of you guys had much to do with the .20ppc? I've already got a .22 and 6mm ppc and would like your thoughts on the .20 as a longish range (5-600yds) calibre and will it perform any better than a .22ppc with a 40gn bullet.

Nick ( 20PPC) has one and should be able to fill you in,

I also have a 6PPC but I went for more case capacity and did a 20BR instead built round the Berger 50gr bullet. In practise vermin wise I am currently favoring the Sierra 39gr Blitzking as it is more disruptive when it connects although the Berger has a slight accuracy edge. The Berger kills Ok but no splatter factor much even though they are MEF bullets. I would also suggest you talk to OSOK, he had (has?) a switch barrel 20BR/22BR. He prefers the .22 or did last time I spoke to him as he felt it was very slightly more accurate.

With a 22PPC in the box already I cannot see much point in a 20PPC as well. yes drops/drifts are a bit less but nothing that a good ballistics programme, field testing and a dialable scope wont sort.

A

Archived