Annealing machine

1967spud

atten Grant

for your bench source annealing machine Grant which torches did you use please.?

thanks mark

go to b&q and buy the go system torch with the fine flame ,and open up the clamps on the machine with a dril or turn down the torch diameter like i did if you have a lathe ,enjoy - its the buissness

are you coming to blair

thanks Grant for that , alass i cant make Blair due to chicks arriving home on the monday. ill hopefully be more active next year, so watch out. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I use Bullfinch 1470s, no need to open up the clamps but you will ned to wrap a couple of turns of aluminium foil around them. The clamps themselves do not have a lot of spare material on them and I considered machining to be too detrimental.

I use Bullfinch 1470s, no need to open up the clamps but you will ned to wrap a couple of turns of aluminium foil around them. The clamps themselves do not have a lot of spare material on them and I considered machining to be too detrimental.

ThanksJohn ill google them now and try and track some down.

2 purchased in preparation G. Machine is on way from the Us, i only hope its not on the same boat as my action and stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Right Grant i ve got it and used it

so far ive done 300 wsm and 6.5-284 with 68 secs timings with good looking results, with them burners did you come up with similar figures?

are you using tempilaque paint ,i use 750 f i use 5.5 sec to 6 sec for a 284 case and 4.5 sec -5 sec for 6x47 lap it depends on how close you have the burners to the case

are you using tempilaque paint ,i use 750 f i use 5.5 sec to 6 sec for a 284 case and 4.5 sec -5 sec for 6x47 lap it depends on how close you have the burners to the case

Very true , never thought of that.

Best to also to get the 350Deg F paint as well, that ensures you don't over heat the case head and body by indicating the temperature lower part of the case reaches. I'm in flame for 5 to 6 secs with my set up.

Archived