RCBS 10 0 10 scales.

craigyboy

Anybody got any experience with RCBS 10 0 10 scales? I have a set of 5 0 5 rcbs scales and as I load just under on the powder meausre and trickle up on the scales, good scales are crucial to my loading as I am sure they are far most of you guys. I dont mind the 5 0 5 scales but have noticed when checking zero after every 10 rounds they zero always needs readjusted which doesnt fill me with confidence, they are also a bit light and easy disturbed on the bench, the 10 0 10 looks like a much heavier setup, what do you guys think worth the upgrade?

Guest varmartin

I use an early set of 10/10`s made by ohause ( i think thats what it says on them )

Every time i check them for zero..they are at zero !!!

Its worth the upgrade only if you think it is !!

Martin

I have both and they both work well, the 10-10 is the dogs but costs more of course. Usual cause of stickiness is the V shaped pins getting a trace of dust or dirt on or dirt in the v blocks they sit in.

Try cleaning both with meths or similar spirit and give the pins a light rub with brasso or similar metal polish to remove any crud, polish with soft tissue and see how they are then. All the balance beam scales use this type of suspension normally as the "knife edge" gives the lowest reistance to movement, but does need to be kept clean.

Redfox

Archived