.17hmr out again

kip270

After seeing so many Squirrels yesterday, i went for a wander this afternoon, with Grey's on the hit list.

I spotted three on the outside of the wood, they were a good 200+ yards away, so the stalk was on. I spotted a firing point, so i headed for that, and led down with the rifle on the bi-pod, and scanned the area for any squirrels. Looking further afield i couldn't see anything, then one came out of the wood at only 17yards away, i got on target "Thwack" my first one in the bag.

17yrd.jpg

Then looking further ahead i spotted another one, but because of the lie of the land i couldn't take a shot lying down, so i had to stalk closer to get the shot, i managed to get 76yards away and set up on my varmint sticks, "crack" my first shot went over it's head, it ran a few yards then stood up to see what was happening, "Thwack" my second shot found it's mark.

76yrd.jpg

I headed off to another bit of woodland with some Hazel tree's hoping to spot some more squirrels. I got to a good spot and scanned the area with my bins, then i spotted two but again i had to stalk closer because of the lie of the land.

Making my way up the small hill, i could see the squirel's but if i sat down i lost sight of them, so i had to move closer, i was 50 yards away and sat down then spotted one, but it was on the move and not stopping still for a shot. Then it sat up "crack" my shot went over the top again, i chambered another round, it ran a few yards then sat up again "Thwack" another one in the bag.

47yrd.jpg

Another good afternoon, looking forward to the weekend two days off, nothing to do but shooting :lol::lol::lol:

Archived