Blackberry / I Phone based ballistic programme

Aside from using Brown Dogs card system on a few calibres, I like to have back up on my phone "just in case"

I'm due for a phone change soon.

I currently use a 3g IPhone and the Knights Armaments "Bulletflight" programme.

Ive been very pleased with this programme, its accurate, easily usable and serves my need.

I moved from a Blackberry two years ago and am slowly being seduced by another. (Bold 3g)

The big stumbler for me, is having a ballistic programme on this phone.

Do any of you out there use Blackberry, if so, do you have ballistic Programme on it - if so what, what are your experiences?

I would ideally like the Bulletflight prog to be transferrable - not sure if thats possible with the different OS.

Any feedback welcome.

Aside from using Brown Dogs card system on a few calibres, I like to have back up on my phone "just in case"

I'm due for a phone change soon.

I currently use a 3g IPhone and the Knights Armaments "Bulletflight" programme.

Ive been very pleased with this programme, its accurate, easily usable and serves my need.

I moved from a Blackberry two years ago and am slowly being seduced by another. (Bold 3g)

The big stumbler for me, is having a ballistic programme on this phone.

Do any of you out there use Blackberry, if so, do you have ballistic Programme on it - if so what, what are your experiences?

I would ideally like the Bulletflight prog to be transferrable - not sure if thats possible with the different OS.

Any feedback welcome.

does this help amigo

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703784

It does help mate

ive also now checked with the BB site for appropriate apps - there is only one...

Guess its another I phone again (vs 4 or 5) :rolleyes::lol:

I don't know if this will help, but yesterday my eye was caught by an item on 6mmBR.com's Daily Bulletin. I still haven't got round to a "smartphone" yet but the advantages are clear and the costs etc stack up well compared with buying surfsticks for use with a laptop when travelling, etc.... So I had in mind an iPhone, for which i know there are ballistics apps, but they're pricy (overpriced?) whereas now a quick check reveals several "smartphones" from other makers that seem to use the Java OS for which Lapua's software is designed, and which are a damn sight cheaper. I imagine one can rely on Lapua to offer a quality product in line with its bullets & brass, so....

Tony

It does help mate

ive also now checked with the BB site for appropriate apps - there is only one...

Guess its another I phone again (vs 4 or 5) :rolleyes::lol:

only version available at the moment ronin but if you ccan wait a month or two

look here for the 5

http://hubpages.com/...iPhone-5-Review

no prices listed yet ot date but a mate of a mtae tells me august date ish and 700 quid

I use a Blackberry 9700 and got a ballistic prog on it called "Ballistic v2.0.1 by MES Enterprises the best way to describe this prog is to think of a word that begins with W and rhymes with plank!!

Andy

I use BulletFlight and that alone is keeping me tied to the iPhone as it is so easy to get quite accurate data for the day and location including altitude and weather. Down side is bad weather, I was shooting at just over 1000m in freezing cold rainy conditions yesterday and my iPhone was buried deep in a dry pocket somewhere.

I keep a set of laminated tables permenantly attached to the front 'scope ring with a short length of shock cord. They were built using JBM data imported into a spread sheet with back to back 100-1200 yards/metres drops with 15C as a base temp. I have shot this rifle long enough in such varied conditions and temperatures that compensation for wind and temperature seems to come intuitively so in that respect the tables are a reference only.

I like simple things, I looked at TAS and indeed have the offer of a free set whenever I am ready, I have read about the Brown Dog cards, they both sound good and possibly have the edge over Dougies solution but I still prefer to stop with what I know.

• 3 months later...

iPhones!!! Crap!!! Cough cough...last member said it all i had my iPhone buried somewhere deep inside my pocket! dont want to scratch it...lol HTC Desire all the way! Dropped it in Lakeland streams before shake it off it works! Rain, snow you name it it works. I use shooter on my Android and it insanely accurate. I havent had oppurtunity to use it out past 500 yrds yet with my 22-250 but so far so good! Will be out in next month too use it too almost 700 hopefully.

• 1 month later...

hi i've just got a blackberry torch and not to sure how to get it downloaded can you help

all the best

andy (dully1963)

.quote name='remington700links' timestamp='1308951035' post='100353']

I down loaded this to the old lady's Blackberry,and it's free.

lapua phone ballistic software

Ade

Yeah, I use isnipe, or rather used to.

I may start using it again though since the latest update has fixed the problems that a previous update created. For simplicity you can't beat it.

Before someone says cards are more simple let me just caveat that with for a software based solution you can't beat it. I prefer cards too! :rolleyes:

hi i've just got a blackberry torch and not to sure how to get it downloaded can you help

all the best

andy (dully1963)

.quote name='remington700links' timestamp='1308951035' post='100353']

I down loaded this to the old lady's Blackberry,and it's free.

lapua phone ballistic software

Ade

I down loaded it to my laptop,then bluetoothed to blackberry.

I think you could down load to pc,then email to blackberry.

Then install.

Ade

I got the iSnipe update last night.

It seems to work very well now, let's hope he doesn't mess it up again.

Rup

Agreed! iSnipe is back to the top of my favourites list.

Rich

Steps

1. Download Excel Ballistics Calculator to your home PC. Free Ballistic Calculator (FREE Ballistic calculator)http://sites.google.com/site/freeballisticcalculator/

2. Make sure your BlackBerry is running 4.5 or newer operating system, you will need the "sheet to go" to run excel files. My BlackBerry had sheet to go but here is where you can get it http://www.dataviz.com/products/bund...direct=rimos45

3. On your phone go to Settings > Options > Memory and make sure "Auto enable mass storage mode when connected" is turned on. Some BlackBerry's may not have this option under memory, but search around you will find it.

4. Connect your BlackBerry to your PC using the USB cord. Now go to

My Computer > BlackBerry > BlackBerry > Documents. Now place the ballistics calculator in the documents folder, either use copy and paste or drag and drop the program from the desktop.

5. Disconnect your phone and go to applications "sheet to go" search through your documents and find FBC-V3. Now there are several windows you can view by using the menu key and clicking on worksheets. Enter in all your ballistic info and save your profile. You can set up as many loads as you like, just make sure to name them properly.

Also the Pocket PC mode is great after you enter all your info in. Input the particular range, slope, wind, temp, psi and it will show you the MOA needed to dial in.

Archived