New 300WM build

ChrisF

HI Guys ,

Just fired my 1st shots out of my new 300WM build , its a Badger M2008 , long action on a AICS stock , using Badger USMC 34mm rings , and a Badger FTE brake & Premier 3-15x50 scope .

So far so good , need to up the charge to get the speed I want , using 208gr Amax , and H1000 ( ADI 2217 ) , want 2900-2950 fps , barrel is Bartlein 1-10 twist 5R , profile is off the AI AWM , heavy fluted barrel , 27.5 inche long to allow , one re-chambering to extend barrel life .

DSC05283.jpg

DSC05284.jpg

Later Chris

yeap , Finally ,

You would not beleive the hassle they have been ( then again , maybe YOU would ) , on top of my US Exporter saying he would not,then would , then not telling be he wouldn't , then sending them to another Exporter with out telling me , then getting a 2nd NZ Import permit because the 1st only lasts a year ( time expired ) , then the Exporter sending to me with the shipment to transit Aussie , only for them to Seize them , as they did not have a Aussie Import & export permit ( we will forget that they are ONLY in Transit , and they had US & NZ permits ) , they had a 6 mth Holiday in Aussie , has taken just over 2 years , can you beleive that .

Every thing that could go wrong , DID , as well as things that should not have gone wrong .

BUT the truely INTERESTING thing is no one else makes anything remotely close to this design , ie a AI clone type action , I would like some one in the UK to make the same or better , as this would be a source for ALL who are unfortunately out side the USA .

Cheers Chris

Its a pity you aren,t over here to come to the Newark show. We will be unveiling a brand new tactical action which will have many of the attributes of the badger/AI/Surgeon.

They will also be available for export easily.

• 4 weeks later...

Even with this brake , you sure know you have touched off a magnum round , the noise & blast is a seroius determeant to comfortable shooting .

Need to get a custom SS suppressor made ASAP for this beast .

Its pushing a 208gr Amax at 2890 fps with close v spread .

Just need a mil range finder ( like PLRF or Viper/Vector ) , and a good PDA and programme , and I will be close to being sorted .

Later Chris

Archived