.17 rem fireball

luke wady

Hi Luke,

Cant really comment on the 30's as Im using 25gn Vmax's in my Mach IV but you may find the info you need here.

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

Also you could try searching in Saubier.com (small caliber heaven) for you answers.

ATB

Pete

Hi Luke,

Cant really comment on the 30's as Im using 25gn Vmax's in my Mach IV but you may find the info you need here.

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

Also you could try searching in Saubier.com (small caliber heaven) for you answers.

ATB

Pete

thanks pete

iam just putting together my 17, got a 1in9 acher barrel so hoping that th 30, will work,

have you trying any vit powders in yours?

thanks again

Hi Luke,

Ive tried several powders in mine. H4198 produced excellent velocity (16.5gn giving 3850 ish fps).This was about as high as I dare go. I ended up using about 16gn in the end giving about 3750fps and great accuracy. With Vit 133 I was using about 17.5 gn if memory serves to produce approx 3850 fps. Brass (winchester .223) gave me about 7-8 firings before the primers fell out :lol:

Im running mine at about 3750 ish at the mo and havent noticed the differnce. I dont get any complints from charlie :ph34r:

At the moment Im using Vectan 2000 (16.2 gn) giving about 3750 fps. This is in a Pacnor 24" tube.

I was going to try Vit 130 for the extra HP but didnt bother in the end.

Im waxing my bullets to cut down on the copper fouling.

Mike (Mach IV) might dial in with his loads.

Personally I think the 30's are more suited to the 17 Rem case but like Ive said I have no experience with them.

Remember these loads are safe in my rifle. Start at least 10-15% lower and work up slowly. 0.1 of a great near top load will produce a big rise in pressure.

P

thanks again

just looked at Saubier.com it very use lots of info,

what case do you use to make your mkIV out of , i have somw 17 remfireball they RP was thing of making some out of lapua 223 or 222

will make my owen froming dies

PM Sent.

Hi Luke

My understanding is that the 30s should be fine with a 1 in 9 twist. The 25Vms are quite long themselves because of the plastic inside and need a 1 in 9.

Below are some loads from the guys in the US.

I use H322 in the Mach IV - 18gn 20gn Vmax gives 3,830fps. 18.6 & 18.8 gave me 4,020fps but velocity gain had leveled off and early pressure signs were evident. There is no way I would get near the quoted max load below of 19.5gn H322 in my gun!! START LOW!!!

Off the top of my head 17gn 25gn Vmax gives 3,650fps from a 22" barrel.

post-5232-085844200 1297247934_thumb.jpg

Hi Luke

My understanding is that the 30s should be fine with a 1 in 9 twist. The 25Vms are quite long themselves because of the plastic inside and need a 1 in 9.

Below are some loads from the guys in the US.

I use H322 in the Mach IV - 18gn 20gn Vmax gives 3,830fps. 18.6 & 18.6 gave me 4,020fps but velocity gain had leveled off and early pressure signs were evident. There is no way I would get near the quoted max load below of 19.5gn H322 in my gun!! START LOW!!!

Off the top of my head 17gn 25gn Vmax gives 3,650fps from a 22" barrel.

hi machIv

thanks for the info very use full, as i have best part of a tin of h322 , ill have to try it

Archived