Out to play again

onehole

Hi guys guess some of you may be wondering where Ive been lately as I posted quite often on the old site. Well its a sad story in that my Father suffered a stroke in February and you can guess the rest,endless visits to hospital and now caring for him at home has cut down my play time quite a bit.Anyway a bit of time management has got me out and about again and have visited some killing fields recently and have took a couple of pics for you.I,m surrounded by forestry to the right of the first pic and have the pleasure of deer walking down through the trees to drink and feed in the field below where there is a small stream that runs right through the middle of it.[field out of view to right and down]The rest of the land comprises of two adjoining farms with good size fields and safe shooting.Most fields allow out to 300 or so yard ranges and I can extend the ranges if I want just by driving in another field and making the shot more demanding if conditions allow although most of the time I just crack on with the job as there is a lot of bunnies on this land and I,ve time to make up.On this occasion I was using my 6br to shove 75 vmaxs on their way and for shorter range to save my barrel life I used the little cz hmr a cracking little gun which always surprises me in its effectiveness!. A pest control friend of mind has also introduced me to new farms lately where there is an infestation of bunnies and as well as his deer management he is struggling to cope and i was glad to lend a hand with three others and within 3 hours some 250ish rabbits were shot that evening!!!Just wish I could get out more! Out of interest have any of you had a look at Viper scopes??? I know they are a cheapy but was quite impressed on spec and value for money and have bought a fixed 10x for the .22lr.Any comments anybody??????By fer now guys nice to get on the site again,cheers onehole.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

One hole, do you mean the MTC Viper scopes? if so I have read/heard nothing but good reviews about them but haven't actually looked through one yet. Sold by Gary Cooper who is a good man to deal with and will not push rubbish onto anyone.

Looks like you had a good bit of fun.

I hope your father makes a full and speedy recovery.

Ian

Hi guys guess some of you may be wondering where Ive been lately as I posted quite often on the old site. Well its a sad story in that my Father suffered a stroke in February and you can guess the rest,endless visits to hospital and now caring for him at home has cut down my play time quite a bit.Anyway a bit of time management has got me out and about again and have visited some killing fields recently and have took a couple of pics for you.I,m surrounded by forestry to the right of the first pic and have the pleasure of deer walking down through the trees to drink and feed in the field below where there is a small stream that runs right through the middle of it.[field out of view to right and down]The rest of the land comprises of two adjoining farms with good size fields and safe shooting.Most fields allow out to 300 or so yard ranges and I can extend the ranges if I want just by driving in another field and making the shot more demanding if conditions allow although most of the time I just crack on with the job as there is a lot of bunnies on this land and I,ve time to make up.On this occasion I was using my 6br to shove 75 vmaxs on their way and for shorter range to save my barrel life I used the little cz hmr a cracking little gun which always surprises me in its effectiveness!. A pest control friend of mind has also introduced me to new farms lately where there is an infestation of bunnies and as well as his deer management he is struggling to cope and i was glad to lend a hand with three others and within 3 hours some 250ish rabbits were shot that evening!!!Just wish I could get out more! Out of interest have any of you had a look at Viper scopes??? I know they are a cheapy but was quite impressed on spec and value for money and have bought a fixed 10x for the .22lr.Any comments anybody??????By fer now guys nice to get on the site again,cheers onehole.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

hi onehole,

nice to have you back ;) , i hope that every thing go,s ok for you father, a speedy recovery,,, all the best from wales f2n

One hole, do you mean the MTC Viper scopes? if so I have read/heard nothing but good reviews about them but haven't actually looked through one yet. Sold by Gary Cooper who is a good man to deal with and will not push rubbish onto anyone.

Looks like you had a good bit of fun.

I hope your father makes a full and speedy recovery.

Ian

Hi Ian Yeh MTC Viper scopes and the 10 x has just been released and have ordered one from a westcountry outlet.I looked through and twiddled with a 6x24x56 and was really impressed but did not require a variable this time out and shoot mostly at 10/12 x anyway and the fixed mag really appealed for this particular purpose.my supplier is an ex world ft champion and he rates it on the money so good enough for me.thanks for best wishes.Recommend others to look at the spec and get to look at one.

Hi onehole . good to see you on here again :lol:;) I hope your father has a speedy recovery mate!!! All my very best wishes to you and your family!!!

Nice looking piece of land there you are hunting on!!!

Shall catch up soon.........

All the very best..................

RAY...................... ;):lol:

Like the others here's wishing a speedy recovery for your father some excelent looking ground you have as well

Hi One Hole sorry to hear about your father, I wondered why we have not seen you at the range for a while. Sure hope he's on the mend pard, Sounds like you have made a good start on making up for some lost time, 250ish is an awesome night, well done pard.

Guest varmartin

Hi Onehole...hope all is well mate, send wishes to Dad from me.

You must of had some fun on that land, wish i was there !! then i could show you how to shoot... :lol: :lol: NOT

We must catch up soon D...all the best.

Martin

Archived