Android Apps.

Just downloaded STRELOC for my LG android phone. Free to download, looks promising. Will let you know when i've had chance to try it out.

Just downloaded STRELOC for my LG android phone. Free to download, looks promising. Will let you know when i've had chance to try it out.

I have an HTC android phone. Found STRELOK ballistic calculator on androidzoom. Like you say, looks interesting.. ;)

• 4 months later...

SHOOTER on android market guys very very accurate providing you put the correct data in can even connect to bluetooth kestrel! all for 8quid! constant updates with new bullets added to library. I am very impressed use it on my HTC Desire.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well input data exactly the same on both came out. So really I'm gonna stick with my shooter programme as I know it inside out now. But for free the Strelok programme should perform well.

Shooter has given me better come ups and wind than Strelok with same data imput. It would appear my chrono lies!! Got a chance to shoot out to 600yds the other Sunday and the output data from Shooter was spot on all the way out, but only when i dropped my bullet velocity by 50fps. Thought I was shooting NBT 120grn at 2850, turns out it's probably 2800fps. Need to go back to the load development and give it a bit more powder i think. Currently using Lapua brass, Nosler 120BT, RL17 39.9grn and rem 7.5 primers out of a 24" Lothar Walther 1 in 8 tube, with Stiller Predator action.

Mike

I desperately need to chrony my loads I keep having very close hits I would like to call them ....but actually they are very near misses! For the maggies and crows out to 500! Missed one yesterday at 486 was an inch low and sprayed him in muddy slush! Report with pics to be written this weekend if time allows. I know its the data I have input I'm just goin of my original soft point loads. I also like the fact that u can set how low or high you are when zeoring, quarter of an inch is a lot out at 400+ yrds!

Happy hunting this weekend chaps.

CZ

• 1 month later...

Ive never quite got why we insist on entering wrong data into a computer model and expect accurate results.

My understanding is that Shooter (I use this myself for Berger VLDs) uses G1 or G7 coefficients. Neither is applicable to the Nosler Ballistic Tip bullet, or any other non VLD boat tail bullet.

The chrony may actually be more accurate than you believe. Dropping the FPS by 50 or so may let you fudge it using the wrong BC, but it is still just that…fudge.

A closer approximation would be a G5 coefficient. Im a thicko and sums make my head hurt. But you dont need that skill.

I use G5 as the model in my program and use real data for the Nosler bullets and work out the actual BC from my rifle. This entails firing across two chronographs at set distances and inputting the data into the ballistics program. It then comes up with a station BC and a sea level BC.

Ive found the above method works far better than using the manufacturers claimed BC and an irrelevant one at that.

IMHO as we push the distances, errors that are hidden or irrelevant at the shorter ranges start to show up. Using the wrong BC is definitely SISO.

ATB

SHOOTER on android market guys very very accurate providing you put the correct data in can even connect to bluetooth kestrel! all for 8quid! constant updates with new bullets added to library. I am very impressed use it on my HTC Desire.

+1 for Shooter. Very good :)

Archived