Cooper rifles

My quest goes on to get myself a nice varminter , I decided against the t3 tactical last weekend. These Coopers look really nice, are they as really as good as they are made out to be? I spoke with Brian fox this morning (seems a very nice chap) he said the wait time is 6-7 mths at present, a case of 'all good things to those who wait'.

Also the varminters look really heavy but the figures quoted suggest they are only around the 7.5lb mark? What is the trigger like ? I have read a few reviews and they are quite promising but I have never seen one in the flesh. Considering a 0.223/ 22-250 .

Dave.

This is my Cooper, bought from Brian Fox before Xmas. He is good to deal with and the 6 month wait is well worth it ;)

DSCF0001-2.jpg

My Cooper is a Mod 21 MVT in .223 it is very light at 7.5 lbs and the trigger is a single stage adjustable.

There's a few other lads on here which own coopers and all seem to be extremely pleased with their rifles.

Cheers

Dave

Guest Scott Elliott

Dave,

If you enjoy an accurate rifle...you'll love a Cooper!

Triggers come set at 2.5 lbs and easily go down to

the 10 oz to 16 0z range.

Scott

I shoot a mod 21 varminter, .223 (like dave,) i love it, i orderd mine through brian with a 1/9 twist barrel, she will shoot 50-75gr bullets with the 50s they run at 3300fps and group in the .2s (100yds 5 shot groups) the 75s run at 3000fps also shoot .2s. I think coopers are very good value and perform well for what you pay. I had a cracking shot last weekend, first shot on a small rabbit ranged at 380yds, superb. I am not sure about the stocks, mine is wood, and i am always worried about the scratches and dents that they seem to pick up from field use, my shooting friend has just orderd a 22.250 phoenix stock which also look nice but wont show any scratches etc. The 6/7 month wait is worth it, trust us. Mine is with pete walker at the moment for screw cutting and then for proofing so i am shooting my howa varminter, a nice rifle but just does not do owt for me any more ;)

• 1 month later...

I love my cooper phoenix in .204, it will now shoot 3/8 inch at 100 yards with my handloads, the trigger is very good, they are very well finished comapred to a lot of other factory rifles. I dont find mine very hard to carry around its about the right weight for a comprimise between a walk about rifle and a varmint rifle. I carry mine about for upto 4 hours when lamping and its fine, get one youll love it.

STP60692.jpg

Accuracy with Coopers is second to non for a production rifle.

They guarantee 1/2 moa. With 52gn Bergers mine shoots consistently to that and often less.

DSCF0044.jpg

Cheers

Dave

seeing targets like those just bring joy to the heart 6mm br, the confidence you get when you see your rifle shoot like that is great and really inspires you to take shots that normally you wouldnt even consider. If seeing those doenst make you want a cooper then nothing will!

Archived