Anglo Custom Rifle

John MH

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Well the wait is almost over as I'm picking it up tomorrow. Also have a Rigby Bipod to try out as the AI one has now been sold on, wont be shooting it for a few weeks as I'm still waiting for some Lapua .260 Cases which aren't due until end of March. :rolleyes:

Bugger

Unable to collect new rifle today as I hit this on the A303 at 70 mph

IMG_0011.jpg

Result of which was a hole in engine oil sump and hole in fuel tank. I suspect that the car will be written off but at least I lived to tell the tale.

Glad you are ok John, you sounded a little shaken when you rang.

hannam,s didn,t know when the brass was due when i asked last week, have they been given a firm date then ?

Thanks Dave, I wasn't shaken when I mistakenly rang you, if I did sound shaken it was because my wife was driving me home in her horrible little car. :rolleyes:

Hannam's told me the .260 brass would be here at the end of March.

Finally got my hands on the beast yesterday. I must say that I am very pleased with the work and service provided by Gavin at ACRC. Hoping to get a scope mounted later today and will be in a position to post some pictures, the finish on the barrel looks very good in the flesh.

Well I've finally got hold of my new rifle and have taken some pictures. Won't get to shoot it before Thursday next week and that will just be to run it in as I'm waiting for some Lapua Cases before I work up a load for it.

Specs:

Surgeon 591 Short Action BDL Style Repeater

Surgeon Sniper Bolt Knob

Bartlein 5R, 6.5mm, 1 in 8 twist Stainless Steel Barrel, ACRC Durabake Finnish, Chambered in .260 Remington, finished to 26"

ACRC Muzzle Break

Ase Utra jet-Z™ COMPACT Moderator

AICS Stage 2.0 MoD Flat Dark Earth Stock

CG X-Treme Mod 22 2-stage Trigger

AI Hand Stop

AI Adjustable Traget Butt Pad

Accu-shot BT08QK (Quick Knob) Rear Monopod

Rigby AI Bipod

P1010705.jpg

P1010703.jpg

P1010703.jpg

P1010706.jpg

P1010712.jpg

P1010714.jpg

Scope is mounted with a LaRue Tactical Base as its being used on two rifles at present, I have some Third Eye Tactical Rings to mount the scope that will be dedicated to this rifle.

I like the Rigby design and am very happy with the stability it provides although I have not tested it in anger yet. Its robust and rather bulky so not really something you would want to haul around in the field if you were out hunting, if however, you were going to set yourself up and stay put its an very good stable platform to shoot from.

The Surgeon Sniper Bolt Knob is an optional extra that you may be able to order with an action if not it's available from Brownells for $34.99.

Have to ask Gavin what pattern he calls it but it looks like snake skin. :unsure:

Very nice looking rifle, I will look forward to your reports on how it shoots.

I might be wrong but the pattern on the barrel is/can be done using the nylon stretch covering that comes with a new barrel.

Hi

Not shot the rifle yet so can't comment on the Bipod on the .260; I have the same bipod on another rifle and am still trialling it so don't want to review it just yet. Hopefully I'll be able to comment later this week.

Regards

John MH

• 3 weeks later...

hello great looking rifle looks like money well spent on all the best spec money can buy who supplied the rear bag please would like one myself ,would like to try a go at the mcqueens myself one day going to try and have a look at the comp this year , need to find out if anything would be close to my area in Staffordshire atb thekeper

hello great looking rifle looks like money well spent on all the best spec money can buy who supplied the rear bag please would like one myself ,would like to try a go at the mcqueens myself one day going to try and have a look at the comp this year , need to find out if anything would be close to my area in Staffordshire atb thekeper

Its a Tab Gear bag from Rifles Only.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived