Newbie alert

Dave-G

Hi Guys - I joined a couple of days ago for a bit of a gander, saw the forum mentioned somewhere. Cant recall if it was the BBS or PW ;)

Some familiar names on here I see :P

I'm a bit on the quiet side - and mildly dyslexic in that what I mean to say comes out around the houses a bit and often takes an edit or follow up post to put right so bear with me please. ;) I'm also a bit nocturnal being a permanant night shift worker.

Have to let my permissions rest a bit while the shooting season runs to let the bunny numbers creep up again so I go for an online walk about instead sometimes ;)

Guest 308Panther

Welcome,

Your gonna find that there is alot more to shoot than bunnies...LOL

There is alot of damned good talent on this site,and not to

mention alot of good info,too.

Ya got a question,Dont be afraid to ask.

The boys are pretty sharp and we all love to share a good laugh

now and then too.And ya may even come across a good ol' fashioned

argument here or there....but the Bosses are pretty keen to the trouble

makers....Every sites got 'em.Steer Clear of the bickerin and try not to

take anything personal,as sometimes the tone read,Wasnt the tone meant

when it was written.

Hope ya enjoy your stay.

308Panther

Welcome to the site Dave.

If you need anything just ask :lol:

Martin

I get down that way once or twice a year and spoil myself rotten with all the rabbit you guys have everywhere. It don't seem fair that you lot have so many while I have so few. :D

I'm a non emmet too from the West Penwith patch. Some of my first memories are weeding the path from my grandparents house to her well on Lands end airport. My first school was what is now a detached dwelling on the corner of it nearest Kelynack - where we lived.

Last time I visited it I was a passenger in my brothers helicopter - as he practised simulated tail rotor failure's from the cloud base (autorotations). :lol:

Guest rogern
I get down that way once or twice a year and spoil myself rotten with all the rabbit you guys have everywhere. It don't seem fair that you lot have so many while I have so few. :D

I'm a non emmet too from the West Penwith patch. Some of my first memories are weeding the path from my grandparents house to her well on Lands end airport. My first school was what is now a detached dwelling on the corner of it nearest Kelynack - where we lived.

Welcome, you should like it here.

Last time I visited it I was a passenger in my brothers helicopter - as he practised simulated tail rotor failure's from the cloud base (autorotations). :lol:

Why would you want to do that ????? :lol::lol: being up in the air is bad enough, but to practise pretend failures !!!!!! on your bike, I'd give up shooting and take up basket weaving before you'd get me doing that

Why would you want to do that ????? :D:o being up in the air is bad enough, but to practise pretend failures !!!!!! on your bike, I'd give up shooting and take up basket weaving before you'd get me doing that

He he - 'pretend failure management is part of the pilots ticket. :rolleyes:

Tail failure is the number one killer in helicopter crashes because whilst under power, torque will rotate the aircraft without a tail rotor. Think in terms of treading water in a swimming pool. Grab a paddle and try to move it around your body with outstretched arms - you can't do it without rotating yourself. :rolleyes:

If the engine or tail rotor fails you have to do an unpowered landing to survive and minimise risk to people on the ground. Think of a windmill that you can vary the pitch of the rotor blades on. If you descend at the correct rate, attitude and into wind with suitable negative pitch on them the updraft will keep the baldes spinning. Just prior to hitting the deck you apply positive pitch to the blades which have a certain amount of rotational inertia stored in them. if you do it correctly and find a level surface to flare out on you and the heli survive. B)

If you get it wrong through lack of practice you join the bunnies you have despatched :P These Autorotaions are practised with the engine running but just on the clutch at lower power input, so if you mis-judge the approach you just power away and try again. :rolleyes:

Guest rogern

Dave-G

Oh, thats sounds much better..............................I dont think

Like I said, on your bike, they aint made a gun big enough to make me take pretend journeys to oblivion :rolleyes:

Its easy, dont go in a mechanial dragonfly and you dont need to practise 'tail failure' :rolleyes:

Varmint hunting has all the risks too, you might miss !

Archived