WARNING KG12

Guest sako

HI

Just advice on people to keep an eye on their KG12 copper solvent. As you can see from the pic, mine melted through the bottom of the container! I've had the product for approx 18 months. I've not used it for the past 12 months as my rifle is away. I've e-mailed the rifle store where I bought the KG12 from and waited a week for a response, but haven't received one.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z116/sa...hn/DCP01363.jpg

HI

Just advice on people to keep an eye on their KG12 copper solvent. As you can see from the pic, mine melted through the bottom of the container! I've had the product for approx 18 months. I've not used it for the past 12 months as my rifle is away. I've e-mailed the rifle store where I bought the KG12 from and waited a week for a response, but haven't received one.

hi sako

thanks for the heads up, i will have to go and have a look at mine as well,as i have all so had my rifle away for 9/10 months,and 1 off my rifles has been in the post now for at least 3 months,but this will all change Monday mark my words.all so i was quoted 2 weeks to do a simple re barreling job. y has yours been away so long?????

what work are you having done??? and how long was you quoted???

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

Guest varmartin

Not used mine for the same length of time :rolleyes: noticed it going `crusty` all around the bottle...may just bin it :rolleyes:

I did not think it was much use being water based, I could not keep it on a patch or brush !!

Now using better stuff.

Martin

Not used mine for the same length of time :rolleyes: noticed it going `crusty` all around the bottle...may just bin it :rolleyes:

I did not think it was much use being water based, I could not keep it on a patch or brush !!

Now using better stuff.

Martin

yes - i had the same problem keeping it on my patch, it gets every where, but i still have some left,and it does work.but i use CR10 more now,and find it very effective

ATB

Colin

yes - i had the same problem keeping it on my patch, it gets every where, but i still have some left,and it does work.but i use CR10 more now,and find it very effective

ATB

Colin

I have to say the copper remover didnt do much for me, however, the carbon remover is top notch and seeing as this the killer of barrels I think it does a real good job.

Kal

I have to say the copper remover didnt do much for me, however, the carbon remover is top notch and seeing as this the killer of barrels I think it does a real good job.

Kal

KG1 now that stuff is top notch, i would not be with out that in my list of cleaning products.

all so i am partial to a bit of butchers bore shine as well

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

HI

Don't think you will get a reply from Rifle Store, as they have folded.

Guest 308Panther

Hmmm...Interesting reaction to the container.

If it does that to the metal in the can...imagine what

it is doing to your barrel.....

I havent used KG 12 and it doesnt look like I will

be buying any....

I have had real good luck with Hoppes #9

a brush,jag and patch....Stickin with that.

Plus the smell of #9 brings back so many

good memories as a kid.

308Panther

Archived