Hornady Factory Ammo

Guest northernchris

Guest northernchris

Has anyone used Hornady factory ammo? I picked some up the other day for the .22-250 in 55 gr V-Max,i shot them today,my god they shoot easily as good as my pet load with Berger and H380.They printed 5 shots into 1/2" without any probs and the best thing is they cost me under £14.00 a box!!!!!!!!! That works out the same price as new,empty Norma.

I know what you mean Chris, I used to use Hornady 40 Vmax in my .223, my smallest 3 shot group was 0.119, ok it wouldn't do it every time, but would it would shoot consistent 5 shot half inch groups all day long.

It makes you wonder why we reload sometimes. I always remember Norman Clark telling me that there's one round for every rifle, it's just a matter of finding it and then hoping it suits your needs.

Ian

Guest 308Panther

Glad you guys think its cheap...

Over here its expensive....

A box of 20 .308Win 165 BTSP Interlock runs about $ 32.00

I just havent been able to bring myself to fill a mag with them yet.

The problem being I am afraid my Black Rifle will really like these.

And want More of them in the diet.

I use their .17 HMR stuff....Varmint Express w/the 17 gr V max

The CZ 452A likes them.

The critters dont.

They seem to be deathly allergic to them.

308Panther

Hello when they came out a few year's ago they got good write up & people were buying to pull & work out how they were put together ie powder etc.I saw them cheap & tryed to get a local RFD get them in but he dident think they be good for the price of them.

Archived