Neck turning (how to)

Elwood

This is written by German Salazar who's name may be familiar to those of you who use the 6mmBR.com site. The article has been copied and pasted with his permission, he is in fact a member of this forum.

For my money this is the clearest and most comprehensive guide in how to neck turn and why.

http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/2009/12/reloading-neck-turning.html'>http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/2009/12/reloading-neck-turning.html

Periodically German updates the articles, so it's worth checking up on from time to time.

If you get a chance read his article on Equipment and barrel break in, it's a great read.

This is the link for the main site

http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/

Thnks Ian,

a great informative, and interesting link - especially useful for those new to neck turning.

you'd have noticed of course that German Salazar has registered as a member to this forum? may want to drop him a pm... I feel uncomfortable in the presence of (shooting) royalty, I am not worthy...and there isn't a hint of sarcasm in this statement, mean every word of it..

you'd have noticed of course that German Salazar has registered as a member to this forum? may want to drop him a pm... I feel uncomfortable in the presence of (shooting) royalty, I am not worthy...and there isn't a hint of sarcasm in this statement, mean every word of it..

How can I even post something after that one! I'm blushing at my keyboard and feeling very sheepish. Seriously, I love shooting and reloading and enjoy writing about it. My closest connection to royalty is an occasional trip to Burger King. Sadly, I can't check too many forums regularly, there are only so many hours in the day, but if anyone wants to write, please feel free, I really enjoy chatting about these topics. My email is german.a.salazar [at] gmail.com . I'm very flattered to see one of my articles linked here because I know the members of this forum are serious about the pursuit of accuracy. Thank you all and I hope it's useful.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

It is quite hard on the thumbs-if you're getting ball ache you are probably doing something wrong!

Of course,it's essential for tight neck chambers-a one off torture,as Spud notes.It doesn't separate the men from the supermen,but it does help separate the one small group from the regular small group aggregates.

Gbal-ake

ps:anything written by G Salazar is top notch info,clear,detailed,well written,authoritative,none better.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The German Salazar article is about the best I've read on neck turning.

He's pretty good on most topics (though I don't think he rates velocity as "the be all and end all of rifle performance" so be prepared,if you think it is ! :-)

gSal

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...