300 wsm varminter, crazy stuff.

just stumbled across this video and the rifle that was used, 300 wsm with a 30 inch barrel pushing 4000 fps with a 125g bullet, crazy!!!!!!

300 wsm varminter

the text to go along with the video is on the 6mmbr front page if you scroll down far enough on the daliy bulletin section its theres as 400 fps 300wsm varminter

I think thats the way most of those DVD's are, I have loads of different ones, varmint safari, dog be gone etc its just explosion after explosion I dont think I have watched any of them right through as I have got so bored, ok for 5 minutes though. The only ones I like are the operation predetors ones were they are hunting coyotes and bobcats etc, also the verminators ones are pretty good again coyotes, foxes and bobcats. I reckon though if youre were sitting there with 200 p dogs sitting front of you it would be whole lot of fun. Hopefully within the next 3 years ill be over there doing that, just need to find someone who will go with me, dont think the women would be up for shooting p-dogs.

I like the varmint safari vids as i dont find they are just kill after kill as they discuss equipment etc and show you picking their shots and what range and cal used etc.I also lie two other dvds which are along the same idea which are 'hogs downrange' and 'death in the green grass'. The dvd of the 300 wsm only shows the shots hitting home and nothing else :wacko:

Guest 308Panther

That's some vid. :wacko:

Too bad what the video editor thought was interesting is

nothing more than fuel for the Anti's.

It also sounded like there were a couple richochet whines too.

I have a real hard time watchin tapes,dvd,

or even the wildlife programs on the outdoor channel.

If they arent promoting some latest and greatest

super doo dad gizmo....Wich I have little use for.

Then its all done on a private

ranch that somebody paid a pretty premium price to

just to set foot on....And it gets even worse when ya

actually take the time to read the credits....They tell ya umpteen

times what ammo/scope/rifle brands they are using...just in case

ya forgot.

Just gotta love their marketing ploys.

308Panther

I know what you mean panther, some of the airgun mags here are a right laugh too, they have sections in were writers tell storys of a hunt in the field they sort of go along these lines "as i laid down on my VERSA POD to take the shot I looked through my crystal clear HAWKE scope and, lined up on the rabbits head and gently pulled the lovely crisp trigger on my Air Arms S400 and wallop the CROSSMAN ACCUPEL hit the mark right where I aimed" great stuff.

Guest 308Panther
I know what you mean panther, some of the airgun mags here are a right laugh too, they have sections in were writers tell storys of a hunt in the field they sort of go along these lines "as i laid down on my VERSA POD to take the shot I looked through my crystal clear HAWKE scope and, lined up on the rabbits head and gently pulled the lovely crisp trigger on my Air Arms S400 and wallop the CROSSMAN ACCUPEL hit the mark right where I aimed" great stuff.

Wow...theres enough advertisin and name droppin in there to tame

a MacDonalds saturation comercial.

308Panther

Yawn! A couple of year back I got into filming my buddy John and my son shooting prairiedogs. It all looked very much like that bit of film, scaled down. I got tired of the gore. The real beauty of varminting is making the shot, not the spectacle of impact. There is no trick to blowing up an 5 - 8 pound rodent with a 300 WSM. I would be surprised if it didn't happen, no matter what the bullet. In my youth I got spectacular results on woodchucks with 165 grain bullets from a plain old 30-06. ~Andrew

Guest 308Panther
Yawn! A couple of year back I got into filming my buddy John and my son shooting prairiedogs. It all looked very much like that bit of film, scaled down. I got tired of the gore. The real beauty of varminting is making the shot, not the spectacle of impact. There is no trick to blowing up an 5 - 8 pound rodent with a 300 WSM. I would be surprised if it didn't happen, no matter what the bullet. In my youth I got spectacular results on woodchucks with 165 grain bullets from a plain old 30-06. ~Andrew

Couldnt Agree more....its the making of the shot not the impact.The impact is a bonus to the person makin the shot....as a spectator after the 5 th one its like watchin paint dry.

Thats why I said its basically fuel for the Anti's...Even tho the animal is technically dead and doesnt really feel anything....Some bleedin heart is gonna see it and say "That poor critter" or "Is it really that necessary to use a .300WSM on such a poor defenseless creature"....Blah blah blah.

Ground Hogs/Woodchucks are indigenous to Wisconsin and are believe this or not....Are Protected.

Technically we cant shoot them....Technically.....We do anyway.

They are a very destructive rodent...and you try and tell a farmer that the woodchuck has more rights

then his dairy cattle when he has to put a cow down from the infection of a broken leg.

Plus...I seen a few that were rabid as well.....So it never bothered me a bit to take one out.

I use a bit more discretion then most...and a .22 LR rather than a 300WSM.

Fire a 300WSM and everyone around here will think its a terroristic attack....They dont know the diff

from gunfire to explosives.

308Panther

panther the woodchuck situation sounds similar to out badger situation, for some reason they are protected, they cause all sorts of problems for farmers carrying TB and transmitting it to cattle, once a farm has TB they are not allowed to trade in cattle for Beef, it can take years for TB to leave a farm though they also make a real mess of hedgelines and plantings and are generally just a pain the ass, we are overrun with them in my part of the country though hear you wouldnt dare shoot them as the fine could be up to £5000 so we just have to let them be.

Guest 308Panther

CB,

Badgers are on the Dont Touch list as well....at least in the State of Wis.

Some fool drew up the State Flag with one on it and it became the State's

Animal also....

nunst082.gif

The State Motto is Forward

The Miner and Sailor represent that we work on land and water.

The Shield in the middle is our dedication to the Union.

The 4 quadrants are our 4 main areas of industry,

Agriculture,Mining,Manufacturing,Navigation

The Cornucopia and Lead bars represent

farm products and Minerals.

308Panther

CB,

Badgers are on the Dont Touch list as well....at least in the State of Wis.

Some fool drew up the State Flag with one on it and it became the State's

Animal also....

nunst082.gif

The State Motto is Forward

The Miner and Sailor represent that we work on land and water.

The Shield in the middle is our dedication to the Union.

The 4 quadrants are our 4 main areas of industry,

Agriculture,Mining,Manufacturing,Navigation

The Cornucopia and Lead bars represent

farm products and Minerals.

308Panther

Where's the block of cheese, cheddar? hahah..For those of you out of the loop, Wisconsin is the Badger State, but probably better known as the Dairy State..Their pro football team(Go Packers!) supporters wear cheese on their heads during matches..

JR

Guest 308Panther

That title got stripped from us awhile back...

California actually produces more Dairy then

Wisconsin does....

And for awhile the title of Chedder Heads was almost

Colby Heads...but everyone knows...Chedder is better.

My personal fav is 10 yr old Extra Sharp White Cheddar....

The Green Bay Packers are doing very well....4 - 0 at the moment.

And I dont dare watch the games on t.v. on Sunday.

Every time I watch...They lose.

And Packer Backers do wear a foam cheese wedges on their heads.

Looks Great on everyone else!!!

But not on me.

I have never been to one of their games.

JR,

Ya had to mention the cheese head thing didnt ya?....

It was nice having some anomynity. :D

308Panther

Ha, all in good fun..Used to be a Yooper during my formative years, which is where my Packer fandom grew, glad to see them doing well..Been out of the NFL watching since moving here, hard to keep up..I don't own a cheese wedge hat either, but I figure it's safer cheese than a badger on your melon..Maybe they should give out live badgers to the opposing team fans..

JR

Guest 308Panther

If they decide to give out live animals at the games....

Hope nobody minds my presence and a .308

at the Chicago Games....

I would love a few new rugs...

The Illinios team is known as the Chicago Bears.

And they are big rival to the Packers...Those games are sold out.

Yeah,I know its all in fun...but some traditions can be soooooo

embarassing.

The company that makes the cheese wedges....Foamation Inc is based

here in Milwaukee....I used to work on their forklifts.

Gotta git back to work..

308Panther

Guest 308Panther
Ha, all in good fun..Used to be a Yooper during my formative years, which is where my Packer fandom grew, glad to see them doing well..Been out of the NFL watching since moving here, hard to keep up..I don't own a cheese wedge hat either, but I figure it's safer cheese than a badger on your melon..Maybe they should give out live badgers to the opposing team fans..

JR

Hmmm,A Yooper.

Now aint that interestin?...A Soused Sider meetin up with a Yooper on a U.K. Site.

Ya,der hey.....Remember a radio program called Finland Calling?

308Panther

Archived