MODERATORS and BI-PODS

Guest Sprags

Harris Bi Pod and some B&Q sticks. No mod yet but when i get my new custom rifle i will have it threaded and try one. Dont know which make yet but i am closely following all the posts and trying to weigh up the best can.

My RFD is very keen on the T8 buts thats another discussion

Cheers

Eddie

I have used the same harris bipod on all my guns for the last 5 years, the only time I wouldnt take it is when I am going for a treetops session with the air rifle, I am still unsure of moderators on C/f Rifles I keep changing my mind but for the most part I am using a pes one, I definately use one on rimmie as with subsonics its almost silent. Lately I have also started using a rear feild bag from gary at shooting bags clips onto the belt and is dead handy for shooting off the bipod. I also use predetor tri- sniper styx for foxing in long grass, really like these sticks, they are great for kneeling or sitting shots.

No Mod or Bipod, I only use sticks, & also like the bang. My mates got a Harris on his 22-250, OK when you've plenty time, but to me to fiddly to clart on with, can be on the sticks in a fraction of the time it takes to get sorted with the Harris, not for me. I've a stutzen stock on my CZ550, that's the main reason I've never bothered with the Mod, lasted this long, so I doubt I'll ever get one now, certainly got there advantages though.

The type of shooting I do I dont have a great use for either, yet if I went into target shooting I probally would have a different rig etc, time will tell.

BJ.

I have always had a bipod on the Tikka, have just had a viper moderater fitted on it too, when it comes back from proof I will let you know how I go on.

Archived