MODERATORS and BI-PODS

Guest Sprags

Guest Sprags

Just a simple question fella's, who has mods and bi-pods and who doesnt?

Why do some of our, lets say more mature, members stick to the traditional rifle, scope and sling and nowt else, yet some, like myself have the harris bi-pod and a big can on the end. I have my PES mod because I want to preserve my hearing as best I can (although that is not easy when my lad is in the car with the stereo blasting), the bi-pod is there to allow steady shooting!

So how is your rifle/rifles set up?

Regards,Sprags!!

Guest Smeagle

No mods they are illegal out here. I tend not to use a bi-pod for hunting as it gets in the way but I am reviewing that policy when on foot. I use one or a front rest on the range and a rifle rest on the window of the ute.

Modern day mods have transformed even the fiercest of rifles and in many cases made them more accurate.

With practice its just as easy to "lock up " with a bipod on a set of sticks as without

So yes on both counts :rolleyes:

WSM

Only recently started using a bi-pod, but have had the T8 since 2005 and wouldn't be without it now. After using my Stoney point bi-pod once, i will never go shooting without it again, but i also use knobloch sticks, when the bi-pod cannot be used.

I don't tend to use a bipod as we walk around for foxing they are incovienient to deploy quickly and are not much use when the grass is long. I do how ever like my Sniper Sticks from Shooting bags as they are lighrt and rapid to deploy.

I would and do however use a bipod for static hunting sometimes but again prefer one of the range bags Gary sells, its all down to personal preference.

As far as moderators are concerned I prefer not to use them as they upset the balance of the rifle. I only use one when there is a risk of annoying people with the noise.

Cheers

Dave

But to tell it as it is a rifles like a woman if you cant haddle it or her naked you really should think about a divorce :rolleyes::blink::blink::lol:;)

but rember mate there are some real ugly big big women out there mate ;)

i use an a-tec mod and stoney point sticks the long ones and the bipod ones http://www.stoneypoint.com/rapidpivot_index.html

the long ones i carry the bipod is in my jacket pocket so i can use either or, as they fit on your rifle in an instant. u also can get the adappter for every rifle you own so there for onlly have to own 1 bi pod etc

Guest A-max

"But to tell it as it is a rifles like a woman if you cant haddle it or her naked you really should think about a divorce"

Have you never wished you could turn down the volume on a women? :rolleyes:

Guest A-max

"But to tell it as it is a rifles like a woman if you cant haddle it or her naked you really should think about a divorce"

Have you never wished you could turn down the volume on a women? ;)

Ian,

Have you heard of a KMW Pod-Loc attachment for the harris bipods? Its a simple lever lock system which locks off the swivel function, very handy and easily accessible, piece of cake to attach.

JR

Guest Black Dog

I've had haris bipods on my rifles for years. I recently took them off and was surprised at how much better they handled and how much the bipod had actually hampered me at times.

I now use a pair of plastic coated garden canes for stalking, some half length canes for lamping on foot, so that I can shoot sitting, and bags for everything else.

That said the stoney point clip on jobbies seem like they might be useful, allowing the best of both worlds. Just when I thought that I nearly had all the kit that I needed :lol:

Pete

Harris 12x27 swivel type, Accupod on stock, T8 on one rifle, nothing on 22.250. Theoben moddys on rimmies.

I am going to have a play with gary's shooting bags this summer and see how they go, the bipods do badly affect handling but it is not like you are using it like a shotgun.

A

Guest 308Panther

Mods are illegal here in the U.S for most of us.

Bipods..None yet but am considering one for the

"Black Rifle"...One of them versa pod rigs.

Next week or two will know more there.

Usually use my range bag or whatever is handy,

knee and sling,fence brace with that rifle....

24 in ss bull barrel makes it a bit barrel heavy

W/my .17 most is off hand stuff,Same for the

Win 70...use sling now and again on that one.

As far as the ex goes....She needed a Mute button.

That one loved to B+tch over the littlest things.

308Panther

T8 mod always, keep putting a bipod on then taking it off, can't really take to it. I use a gunslinger, I think it is called, rifle holster this transfers all the weight to my belt, and leaves both hands free. It is easy to use and compensates for the weight of the mod. I have never really got on with just a sling for a rifle fitted with a mod. I use wooden shooting sticks which make a great third leg and help with my dodgy pins.

John

• 4 weeks later...
Guest venado
I USE THE RIFLE AND WOODEN STICKS THEY ARE ALL ANY ONE SHOULD NEED FOR SHOOTING NORMAL DISTANCES THE STICKS ALSO CAN BE USED AS A THIRDLEG WHILE WALKING. ALL THE CRAP PLASTICK ONES THAT FOLD UP DOWN ETC ARE that which promotes growth and vigour IMO. wHILE THERE IS A PLACE FOR THE MODERATOR WITH REGARDS HEALTH I WOULDNT WALK ABOUT AL DAYCARRING ONE. IF I WAS GOING TO PLINK AWAY AT TARGETS ALL DAY THEN I MIGHT GET A DIFFERNT SET UP or if i had a rifle tht caused me to flinch that i really couldnt handle i might get somthing to tame it.But to tell it as it is a rifles like a woman if you cant haddle it or her naked you really should think about a divorce :lol:

You also have to take in the area you shoot in if you are up on the hill then I agree wit the comments about mods but if you are in the urbanised midlands or south of this Island then a mods an essential piece of kit

harris bipod "s" type as we tend to shoot off the roof when lamping,

t8 mod on my 223 ,same reason also a harris "s" bipod

no mod on my 6.5x55 stalking rifle i aint gonna thread a really nice wood stocked stalking rifle !! perhaps if i changed it i would a mod. :lol:;):D

Archived