Custom Actions -what's the choice in UK?

Im looking forward to taking a look at Russell's actions, I have one on the way which was ordered by a customer. Ive had a few Bat actions here in the past and if his are anything like the Bat then he's definitely on a winner. The Bat has got to be the best action Ive ever put my hand to.

Fergal, welcome to UKV

looking forward to seeing some of your builds on here.

The 22-250 howa you converted to 308 is shooting like a dream.

edi

Fergal, welcome to UKV

looking forward to seeing some of your builds on here.

The 22-250 howa you converted to 308 is shooting like a dream.

edi

Thanks Edi, about time we organised a nice custom rig for one of your stocks. I think a nice Defiance Machine custom action would really sweeten up one of those lightweights of yours. Have a few nice ones here, theres a cracker here thats got your name written all over it.

Hi Fergal,

Are you the same guy i corresponded with about a year ago on accurateshooter.com forums, about making turning fixtures and fitting badger bolt knobs on Rem 700's?

Ian.

Yes that rings a bell alright, I was asking why you dont make your ones on a commercial scale if Im remembering right.

Hi Fergal and welcome, we could do with another guy from a proper engineering background on here. ;):D

Ian.

Thanks, ya well theres a lot of highly talented people on here Im sure and if theres anything I can do to advise or help anyone well then that makes my job all the more interesting and productive. Im by no means anything special as regards talent but I do have a pretty OK background in precision engineering. I spent my entire working life working as an injection mouldmaker, coming towards the end I started to despise my job to no end, I began to lose interest seriously and could see no way out. Ive always been madly in love with fullbore rifles and deer stalking and about 12 years ago I began taking a big interest in how fullbores were made and began to experiment and put my knowledge to work. I bought books, DVDs, videos and got to know some of the big hitters in the custom rifle building fraternity. I put the following years into research and gradually began to find my feet in the rifle building scene and at last I managed to see light at the end of the tunnel. For the first time in about 15 years I can honestly say Im back in love with my job again. When I was a kid going to school I knew I wanted to be a toolmaker of some sort and I loved it with a huge passion but over time the trade itself started to suffer where a lot of this type of technology was becoming a lot cheaper to source from places like China, Japan, Taiwan etc. Although theres still a lot of toolmaking industry about it is slowly dying. I found myself doing a lot more maintainance on moulds than actually making moulds which really pissed me off. I feel very fortunate really that I have my past to hang onto, it really did pay off when I started into custom building. I seldom find myself stuck in any situations that I cant work my way out but when I do I have friends Like Callum Ferguson, Pete Lincoln and Andrew Hendrick along with some big names in the USA to back me up or even give a second opinion when its needed.

Ive found some of the nicest people in the world since I got into this game and made some of the best friends one could ever meet, both customers and trade colleagues. My only regret in life is that I didnt do this a long long time ago but then maybe I wouldnt have been ready for it.

Many thanks

Fergal White

Archived