Looking for cooking suggestions for this fellow

Guest Admin 40

BTW before the cheesy jokes come in.....I know it is a Roe and not a Fallow ;-)

DTA Europe

Oh, I thought you meant for the DTA...

You could try spit roasting it. I've tried that before with a Roe and as long as the fire is set low and you have enough rendered pig fat to baste it with it's very nice.

Alternatively I have a mincer that will do one of those in around 10 mins! Burgers for all :wub:

Regards

g

Easy this one.................I had it last night.

Take 1 fillet of Roe, marinade in red wine, salt and pepper over night.

Take - 3 carrots, chop into big chunks, 2 small buttner nut squash cut into quaters, 1 large red onion quarterd, 2 red peppers quartered, 2 courgettes cut into big chunks, half a dozen or so challotte potatoes skins on, 4 cloves of garlic crushed with skins.

Chop all of the veg and chuck into a roasting tin, coat with olive oil, throw in the the garlic, SALT and PEPPER, Balsamic vinegar and a load of chopped mixed herbs. fresh is nice but dry will also do.

Chuck veg into the oven for about 25 to 30 mins at about 200 degrees.

For the venison.

Get your pan nice and hot.........chuck in a big knob of butter and get the fillet right in. Keep turning and cooking whilst basting in the butter, chuck in your Marinade after about 8 mins, reduce down.

If you have it........Get some sloe jelly,,,,,,,,,,,,,if not cranberry jelly will do, and stick in a good table spoon. Bit more red wine, coat the fillet as it reduces, take off the heat and leave to rest.

Reduce down the sauce a bit more - chuck in another knob of butter.

Pile the roasty veg to one side, the fillet cut down and sliced - should be nice and pink or cook it how you like it. Drizzle with the sauce........

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM.

And it if dont taste good..........................

YOUR NOT AS GOOD A COOK AS ME. :wub:

Archived