(Starlight?) Archer Nightvision Monocular

Hi folks,

Please read the post fully before answering, there are a lot of questions! Thanks

Am looking for owners of the Archer NV monocular unit please for some info.

I watched the You Tube bunny video last night, it was good, 140 yard shootablt rabbits on 4x to 12x magnification (even though it took hours to download on my elastic band internet connection).

First off, as people will know I'll want NV for shooting foxes 99% of the time, with 1% bunny bashing. I'll need to know a few things from the users such as;

1. What grade tube did you get? B, C or D? (I probably won't be able to afford anything outside of D or C myself). Or did you go for another type? I'm not interested in the complete NV scope set-up, just an add on.

2. What method of illumination do you use with it, laser or lamp with IR filter?

3. Which do you find to be better for scanning as a monocular (detached from the scope) and which is better for (fox) shooting with?

4. Is it easy to use the unit off the rifle to scan around for eyes and can it be quickly reattached to the scope?

5. Does it need to be adjusted when switching from monocular use to scope use? (Using up valuable time).

6. How far can you spot fox eyes with your Archer? Please remember to say what grade tube and type of illumination you have/use.

7. How far have you shot a fox? How far can you clearly see a foxes body with your unit?

8. I have heard that it's hard to judge range using NV, is this true? I've also heard the NV is hard on the eyes, is this true?

9. What scope do you use, make model etc.?

Please, please feel free to volunteer loads more information and questions and anything you think I have left out

Thanks in advance for the help,

John

Archived