mixing venison

lancslad

Anyone thinking about making venison saussage or burgers.

NOTE

you need to mix it with aprox 30% pork belly........the fattier the better........in these cases dont be afraid to go for "value" pork belly. from the likes of tesco or asda.

Adding this fatty belly will go wonders for makiing your saussage succulent and your burgers moist....

mixing your burger mix with 1 whole egg will help bind the content...........

Thanks for the info.

I've just bought a mincer and sausage stuffer so your advice will be put to good use.

Cheers

Dave

Dont go TOO mental with Rusk....................completely changes the consistency and texture if you over do it.

if making burgers, dont put rusk in.............but mince down your venison COARSELY and your pork belly, add your herbs and spices and egg, press and CHILL. THen stick on the BBQ. job done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Rather than mixing the meats , what I do is add in a fine chopped onion for a flavour and then to every pound of mince , bread Crumb one round of bread really fine in the processor and add this with a , table spoon of oil and mix in . Before cooking it keeps it moist and during cooking the bread crumbs draw up and hold some of the oils to stop it drying out . A guy on another site suggested similar but substituted the onion for apricots ! Mmm

• 2 months later...

for the best burgers I've had,I used approx same quantity of sausage to venison.

bread grated (with cheese grater)

1 onion

1 chilli

salt /pepper

egg to bind

Archived