Trimmer advice

Spready

Im looking into getting a decent trimmer for my brass, at the moment I use the basic lee hand trimmer , but certainly is very time consuming, I really like the Hornady Cam lock trimmer , also had an idea of getting one of the Frankford Arsenal prep centres and importing it from the USA, obviously id need to get a voltage step down adapter aswell. I mainly reload .222 and .22 hornet . Any advice or information on something different would be great, or better still someone selling one :D

In another thread, I posted this picture: Wilson/Sinclair micrometer adjusted hand lathe case trimmer:

rs_sinclair_ultimate_case_trimmer_a.jpg

Not cheap but a joy to use. You buy the Wilson case holder (the fire-formed brass one) for each cal (£12.50 ea) and the Sinclair trimmer and adjust the micrometer to your chosen case length, clamp the holder in place and gently wind the handle until you just feel and see that only a little,or no further brass is being trimmed. Forcing it can flower the case mouth (as with most such trimmers) but you soon get a feel for it and with little effort, I can get mine all to within .002" or better of where I set the micrometer. It makes trimming a pleasure rather than a chore so for me was worth every penny.

L E Wilson, but you don't need the micrometer................just use your standard caliper mike.

RePete

Archived