rs50...175gn tmk update

exmarksman9870

• 2 weeks later...

A little update...got some 175gn smk and loaded a few up..the best node i could find was 43.5 gn of rs50... i will up that to 43.7 and see how it is..44gn was not good.. i will play with seating depth as im sure i can make this a clean 1 hole group.. as i still have no chrno any rough idea of fps in a 26 inch barrel..cheers..ps x4 shots

post-11466-0-59455000-1508586375_thumb.jpg

will go further up the ladder as i only loaded to 44gn..see if i can find it ...as i want it as fast as i can get it

exmarksman

I find this bullet to print hole-on-top-of-hole with a near full 3.0g lower charge than what you're using. I use just 40.6g of N150 with the 175g SMK compared to your 43.5g. There is no need to burn your barrel if it's accuracy you seek - lower your charge and you'll find it accurate and easier on your shoulder

However, I appreciate you want this "as fast as you can get"; to reach 1000yds?? ..BUT, although this a good choice bullet for your spec'd rifle it still isn't going to reach your 1000yds with any consistent accuracy.

I'd say you're pushing it too hard by loading this weight bullet with 44.0g of N150, and by the time you reach your next accuracy node you'll probably notice obvious pressure signs and risk yours, and the shooters around you, heads - futile burning out a barrel in the meantime

Ask the 1000yd guys what might be the best bullet/powder combo for your spec'd rifle to reach a 1000yds

ATB

I'm getting consistent one hole 100m groups with the 175 TMK with a mere 38gn of N150. I ran up to 44gn while load developing but never found another node even close to the consistency of 38gn.

I only shoot mine out to 600m in club competition but from the chrono results, it would still be just supersonic at 1000m.

Archived