Sound Mod cleaning

steve223Akley

Ok Gents,

Ive got several moderators for my rifles, such as Wildcat Predetor 8 etc. Easily able to strip it dowm clean it and give it a spray with WD/pluss gas etc etc.

Ive also got an ASE Utra CQB. As you probaly know its a sealed unit.

Question is, hows best to clean it internally and lubricate it etc?

Thoughts, advise and suggestions most welcome chaps.

Cheers.

Ensure you remove it from the rifle when it's in the safe, and forget about it.

It will last a very, very long time, and if it ever fails, Jackson rifles will do you an excellent deal on a new one using the farked one as a PX.

If you really feel the need to do something with it, a quick squoosh of WD40 won't do any harm, but you'll just blast it out next time you fire it.

Ensure you remove it from the rifle when it's in the safe, and forget about it.

It will last a very, very long time, and if it ever fails, Jackson rifles will do you an excellent deal on a new one using the farked one as a PX.

If you really feel the need to do something with it, a quick squoosh of WD40 won't do any harm, but you'll just blast it out next time you fire it.

Cheers thanks for your reply. Yeh it has only had approx. 550 rounds down it with no long shot strings etc. So it has not been exposed to heat and has not been fried etc. Maybe its the engineering side to me that likes to strip things and keep my gear clean and lubricated etc.

I seem to recall someone saying that they have something like a 10k shot life span. I should imagine that would be subject to a few variables like, heat exposure from long shot strings and rapid fire, moisture contamination etc. etc.

Thanks again for your reply.

My mods are strippable so I put them in the sonic cleaner for 5mins, unbelievable how much muck comes off.

Can't see why it shouldn't work for sealed mods.

Steve.

Do you mean put the sealed Mod in the Ultrasonic cleaner buddy?

my mod on my 22-250, is 16 years old, had 1000,s of round,s through it, and still going strong, as grum said, I just spray some wd 40 in it after shooting and leave it cheers dave.

Cheers buddy

As above the mod can go in the US cleaner.

Stand it on it's end, run for ten minutes or so, turn it over and do the same again.

Not a lot of point if there is a service exchange option, but if it makes you feel better then it does no harm.

Only problem with cleaning mods is that they need grime to seal them and make them work properly.

Archived