Hi all,

Now don't laugh ! But if one is looking for a rifle other than say standard like 22-250 ,243,308 ! Where do you buy say 6x47mm or 6.5x47mm .

I assume these are not of the shelf rifles?

So where do you go ?

Cheers Nick

Hi all,

Now don't laugh ! But if one is looking for a rifle other than say standard like 22-250 ,243,308 ! Where do you buy say 6x47mm or 6.5x47mm .

I assume these are not of the shelf rifles?

So where do you go ?

Cheers Nick

https://www.guntrader.uk/Guns-For-Sale/ , personally I would never buy a used rifle that I couldn't test fire .

Your profile says Bench rest and F Class? 99% of which are shot with Custom rifles, think youve answered your own question!

Unaware of any factory rifles in the calibre's you mention??

So Factory will be Creedmore or 260 rem ,

Custom the worlds you lobster!

And unless your world class a decent used Custom will shoot better that can :lol:

If you Go new it will cost big money, make sure you know what you want, cos you will do your brains when you come to sell it on, Custom rifles depreciate faster that Bananarama Range Rovers!!!!!

Enjoy

https://www.guntrader.uk/Guns-For-Sale/ , personally I would never buy a used rifle that I couldn't test fire .

I agree but even then you still have the risk of barrel life in that it may have fired significantly more rounds than you are told or has been used to shoot long strings on hot days. Sometimes people dont keep and accurate count and Im sure there will also be some out there who conveniently forget.

Ive just replaced the barrel on my 6 Dasher benchrest gun after 800 rounds as it had gone off a bit. I would have expected at least twice that of top class accuracy and a good 2000+ of high accuracy. This barrel shoots 5 shot strings in competition and I have also tested a lot using rapid fire 5 shot strings, it just shows how quickly you can take the edge off a good barrel. That was using Varget, if I had been using a double based powder who knows how soon it would have shown a drop off in accuracy?

Archived