Zero Problem With Yukon Photon.

22cf

Hi Guys, I have a bit of a problem that I need some advice with. I have been using my new Photon RT with some success but found the 12x digital zom to be very poor, therefore I purchased an adaptor and doubler from Drewslab. The doubler arrived this week and I fitted it and went down the farm to zero it, I was very surprised to find the zero was a mile off with the doubler.

I have been trying to set the zero at 100yds but with full adjustment I am still 6inches high at 100yds ???

In order to get the Yukon RT zero'd without the doubler I had to use a 20MOA rail which got me bang on zero midway through the adjustment on windage and elevation.

Am I right in thinking that if I remove the 20MOA rail and replace it with a flat rail it will drop the crosshairs to where I need it ???

There is an easier way hopefully requiring no adjustment to your rail, assuming you are using the Yukon/Pulsar doubler

Put the rifle in a secure rest and align the reticle with the center of the target, now screw in the doubler keeping the rifle still until it is about 1 turn from fully tight, now watch through the scope while you turn the last turn, you will see the reticle moving as you turn, stop when it is as near to your zero point as possible, then tighten the locking ring on the doubler to keep it secure in that position.

Archived