JLK bullets

deadcenter

Maybe if the price is right. PM me.

I started the post as some popped up for sale elsewhere and a friend of mine wanted some 6.5s. The price was low which is why I asked about them on here. They seemed so cheap that I wondered about quality. Seems I had nothing to worry about.

Norman Clark

He did for many years until he became an accredited Berger agent - in fact at that time, our sole Berger distributor before Hannams Reloading, Dolphin Precision and one or two others got onto the Berger bandwagon. JLKs had become virtually unobtainable by then anyway due to the company changing hands to Swampworks and fell out of the market for a long time while relocating the length and breadth of the USA and 'Swampy' learned the art of making good consistent custom bullets. (No easy task and there's usually a lengthy hiatus after such ownership changes.)

Fox Firearms UK (Brian Fox) then imported them for a couple of years but supplies were very slow and when the great US components shortage appeared, they again became unobtainable for export customers. Brian was desperate to get 7mm 180gn VLDs for F-Open competitors, but his order was never fulfilled .... and then Berger introduced the 180 Hybrid, followed by the 195gn Hybrid ...... and Sierra has introduced a superb 183gn MK and something else up in the 190s too.

Lost opportunities and windows!

So, unless Norman has started with them again, I don't think we have a current importer. Coincidentally, Brian Fox mentioned to me last month that he expected deliveries again, of what calibres and weights he didn't say and I didn't ask.

If the prices of the 6.5s that were found were low, I'll bet they are old stock from some years back. Although a bit cheaper than Bergers when we did get them, it wasn't by that much

Well, they arrived.

Boxes had Norman Clark stickers on them. Padded out with a bit of kitchen roll and news paper inside each box, the American newspaper was dated July 1998.

Look very nice, my pensioner friend was very happy with them. Then again I would have been, they were £125 for 600 with the postage.

Unfortunately I don't have a 6.5 :mellow: .

Archived