FTR Lightweight bipod

furrybean

Guys

Am I missing anything, Im VERY tight on weight so Im looking at an alternative to my lardy Tier One bipod (682g).

The two that spring to mind are the Joypod or the Duplin.

Firstly for some reason I don't like the idea of shooting with my left hand on the joystick or near it. I guess I shoot with my left hand tucked under as Im used to be a bag "squeezer". If I got the Joypod I would end up locking it up and using it as a normal bipod which seems a waste of money.

The other is the Duplin. You don't really see that many in the UK but some guys I shoot with have them and seem to like them.

Are there any other decent bipods at the 500g mark Im missing?? There is the mystic precision but it looks a bit Mickey Mouse..

The joypod is about 450 grams with the pod handle. Some people use it without and lock the mechanism tight.

Another consideration is the AB Bipod made by Dolphin guns. It's very light and beautifully made. I was shooting next to guy at Bisley today who was using one and it's a very stable platform.

Nothing wrong with the Mystic Precision. But, compared to the more recent FTR bi-pods, the 'spread' and thus stability is limited. However, at 12oz.........

The thing I like about the Joy-pod (and yes, I lock mine up and bag squeeze) the 'spread' remains the same whatever the height.

http://www.dolphinguncompany.co.uk/bipods.html

Please take a look at this. I'm not on commission :-)

If I didn't already have a Joy-Pod this is what I'd go for. It's the same weight as a JP but considerably less costly. Joy-Pods are in high demand and difficult to get hold of too.

Archived