Reloading for 12g - Game Shooting & all Subjects Shotgun related - UK Varminting

UKV Topic Header Banner (sys)
Photo

Reloading for 12g

Reloading what benefits

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nick 53

Nick 53

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:F Class shooting, Benchrest shooting, load developement.
    Amateur bee keeper, pest controller. Own Remington action with heavy profile barrel, rifle basic trigger, and Mcree rifle stock.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

I load for my Fclass rifle, what benefits would there be for reloading for my 12g shotgun ?
Cheers Nick

UKV Topic First Post Banner (sys)

#2 bradders

bradders

Advanced Member

• Yellow Riband
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:The art of the Black Rifle

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

None

#3 gbal

gbal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 5,529 posts
  • Interests:accuracy

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

As Bradders-though your competitors will benefit from your inferior ammo.
You can't even save the cost of the brass case used in cf rifles.
Maybe some slight solid slug solace at point blank range.

gbal

#4 bigyin

bigyin

Newbie or Infrequent Poster

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

Depends what you want to shoot with it ,if it's light clay and pigeon loads then it'll cost you more to reload them than buy factory but if your a wildfowler loading your own shells with non toxic shot it will save you money and also give you better performance especially with steel shot

#5 saddler

saddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

Zero rewards for the effort spent reloading shotgun ammo, ever

Oh, apart from making slug cartridges for around 20p-25p ea; what's the factory stuff selling for these days? (NRA Armory still doing theirs for 35p each, are they?)
That's for 12-bore...what is the RRP for 20-bore slugs, or 10-bore slugs? Anyone even seen 10-bore slugs in the UK? Federal make some, GMK refuse to bring them in.

Ditto for buckshot loads. Or black powder loads. Or chamberings other than 12....no point making 410 ammo, it's so cheap; 8-bore...they give it away with a gallon of petrol, 16 bore....no point, terrible guns 16's

IF you're only using clay loads day in day out, buying the cheapest brands you can, then I totally agree, no point reloading.

Want a different type of shot, or shot load, or a non-clay type ammo, or wad type, or cartridge length, or a non-12 bore cartridge? Then you'll make big savings reloading...same as with rifle ammo....and you can tailor your ammo to the gun, same as with rifle ammo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users