MTc scopes

Aggy

Honest opinion of MTc scopes ideally by anyone how has had one ,are they any good or am I better off saving for better glass .it would probably be going on a small centre fire.

I had an MTC Mamba 4-16x50 on a CZ 22LR, it was a great scope for a rimmy because the stadia on the reticule allowed me to set the crosshairs at 50yds, first stadia mark was at 75yds, the second was 100yds and the bottom on the solid cross was 125yds. The glass wasn't Zeiss quality and the turrets were quite mushy and certainly not good for dialling in but for point and shoot varmint hunting on a rimmy it was perfect.

I had an MTC Mamba a few years ago. It didn't stay long. Poor optics, poor build, poor resale vale. You're better saving for better glass imho if after a CF scope. Probably fine for a rimmy though.

Agree. I've had several Vipers and they have all gone within a few weeks. But this was before MTC was sold so things could have changed. Biggest bugbear for me was the white out at the higher mags if your eye wasn't perfectly centered.

I put a MTC Genises on my .22-250 replacing a Vortex Viper PST. It is not a patch on the Viper. Very soft target turrets, parralex is ok but moves on the "recoil".

The only​ reason I swapped it was because it parallaxes down to 10yds which works really well with NV add-on. The illuminated centre cross also is useful with NV.

Optically not too bad in the day. In short it is a budget scope and the results are budget. I only really use my .22-250 at night so not a huge problem.

I've had x3 MTC scopes. They were fine. Just didn't like the xmas tree cross hairs on most. And very heavy compared to others of the same cost. I found the glass acceptable...

Given the choice for the money now, i'd go for Hawke. They've come on leaps and bounds....

Or has been said, save some more money up for a sightron. Leupold, Vortex.

If you're after budget, there's only one make that I could recommend. Falcon. Their scopes are very well made for the money, and surprisingly, very good optically for the money. Certainly better than any Hawke that I've owned or looked through at or near the price. The Falcon Menace M18 4-18 x 44 is especially impressive at the price. Not premium optics, but you're not paying for premium. It's no-nonsense, well made, very robust and even uses decent erector tubes and turrets.

For an excellent budget £400 scope look on optics warehouse, picked up a baby s-tac 4-20 x 50 moa ret for about £390 , similar money as an mtc, worlds apart, got a mamba 4a ret which is now going on a fac airrifle, ok but the Saightron is in a different league and focus right down to 10m....

• 3 weeks later...

i have a mtc taipan 6x24x56 on a 223 never had a problem,not keen on the christmas tree reticle but its used as a day time and night vision add on and works perfectly,i have top end scopes swaro,s&b delta leupold its not in their class but it works.

i have a mtc taipan 6x24x56 on a 223 never had a problem,not keen on the christmas tree reticle but its used as a day time and night vision add on and works perfectly,i have top end scopes swaro,s&b delta leupold its not in their class but it works.

Yep, I concur with banus02 on this one. I too have the same model sat atop my CZ .22lr, good as gold and used it out to 200 yds at S/siberia with no worries.

• 3 months later...

Archived