Air gun golf ball challenge

I don't know if anyone has heard about this but there is a YouTube competition sponsored by an American airgun dealer .

The basic idea is to film yourself shooting a talcum powder filled exploding golf balls at the greatest distance possible with an air rifle .then post it on line ,you can use any power any cal any gun as long as it's powered by air .

At the moment the record is being held by an American of all things who has made the shot at 306 yards now if that's not a challenge I don't know what is .

Ok it's update time ,I went out this morning to give this a try exploding balls in hand I set up at 50 ,100,150 and 200 yard

So 50 yard is my zero and that popped fost shot the 100 yard took four shots to figure out where the shots were falling the fifth took the 100 yard ball so back to 150 yard and the golf ball looking really tiny elevation on the bushnell elite maxed out and using all the dots for holdover ,best way to describe it would be harassing fire because I just coulded hit the little bugger not being able to see the shot was a huge problem .

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be ,next time

One of the long range targets we shoot at is a ping pong ball filled with talcum powder or flour.

I would imagine this approximates to the same thing and is much cheaper. You can get 150 balls from the bay for around £5.

Hi All

Just some safety info - please please please DO NOT SHOOT NORMAL GOLF BALLS, A friend and I did this with a golf ball hanging from some string, we did it with night vision at night and was saying whats that whizzing noise after the hit ?????? its the pellet bouncing straight back at you NOT NICE !!!!!!!!! . Havnt shot at anything bouncey since . Take care

cheers Richie

Archived