WTB?

Gents,

If i wanted to replace the original (now worn out) bi-colour strap on my Rolex Submariner where should I look/start?

Cheers

T

JF,

I know i can obtain new from Rolex UK, but just asking if there is a 'better option'?

Watch currently wears a Casio rubber dive strap thus:

post-10201-0-77138400-1503665405_thumb.jpg

Not exactly fetching! :(

T

JF,

I know i can obtain new from Rolex UK, but just asking if there is a 'better option'?

Watch currently wears a Casio rubber dive strap thus:

attachicon.gifIMG_1353.JPG

Not exactly fetching! :(

T

To misquote Col Jeff Cooper, that combination looks like a roof rack on a Ferrari!

Personally I'd say that watch is crying out for a nice black leather strap, maybe a croc? If you must have a bracelet, I would dig deep and pay for a Rolex original.

To misquote Col Jeff Cooper, that combination looks like a roof rack on a Ferrari!

Personally I'd say that watch is crying out for a nice black leather strap, maybe a croc? If you must have a bracelet, I would dig deep and pay for a Rolex original.

:D

Yup. I think the only bracelet that'll look right is... a Rolex bimetal!

What's knackered on yours? The clasp, or the whole thing?

Tel, Have you thought of having the watch serviced and strap repaired via Rolex? If they can't repair they usually quote for replacement parts and ask for approval before continuing.

Yes folks it looks bloody awful but it was a quick fix when the original bimetallic went beyond its sell by date, 20 years of everyday use in all kinds of environments (caveat - not used when in Africa for obvious reasons!)

The original is totally shot the links and the clasp. I did look at refurb but was given 'beyond economic repair'

Will just have to bite the bullet and go for a complete new assembly

Dang!

Terry

Ouch - the ordinary s/s bracelet for my '72 vintage Sea Dweller was north of £750 four years ago, good luck with the bi metallic version. But it held up for 40+ years of daily wear from new, including 10 years of commercial diving. Rolex have spares but held in Geneva I believe, for the older models.

ATB

To rerun to the OP's original question, whilst I may be stereotyped as a tight Yorkshire man, the rubber strap which you have now, which works perfectly; looks about about 3,400 times better than a dealer replacement.

Trust this helps,

Mr Gandy.

Get yourself a beautiful alligator or ostrich strap for £200 or so!

Think that'd work for an all-stainless sub or, at a push, all-gold, but a bimetal on anything other than bimetal would always look like an unloved ginger step child.

Gold on gold nato sort of works. Be a good look in parts of Moscow.

Bimetal, hmmm. The gold furniture in the strap is better, but still looks a little 'nipples on a fish' to my eye, but better than casio rubber! post-1450-0-92404100-1504336160_thumb.jpg

post-1450-0-16934500-1504336393_thumb.png

Tel,black and gold nato here for £7! http://www.ukwatchstrap.co.uk/nato-watch-strap-black-gold-FL158.html

Archived