recommend me flip-up covers for NXS

Biathlonjimmy

I have a mixture of Tennebraex and Vortex defenders on my various Scopes. Tennebraex are expensive and only available for a relatively small range of optics. Vortex Defenders are area relatively new range from a well established manufacturer and are available to fit most optics other than those with very large objective lenses (e.g. Nightforce Benchrest). They are very well made and robust - my only complaint is the rather unsightly rubber tube which fixes them to the scope.

Other than caps offered by specific manufacturers for their own scopes, the only other serious manufacturer is Aadland LLC http://shop.aadmount.com/Flip-Up-Caps_c7.htm but their caps are difficult to get and the seem totally uninterested in exporting to the UK.

Thanks All.

I have used bushwacker, butler, vortex before. the vortex were ok, the eye piece one always needed a zip tie to hold it properly but the objective lens one worked well even if a little loud when opening.

I have the Leupold Alumina (on my leupold...) they are by far the best caps I have used.

Does anyone know if these have the same threadding and diameter as Nightforce?

Best,

J

I use Leupold Alumina's on my two NXS's but their 50's not 56mm and fit fine to the objective but not to the sunshade of the NXS . If you need a shade on then you need to buy a Leupold one for your NXS .... Yes confusing .

Your other option is the Swarovski flip up which i use on an ATACR , you have more options than you think as even different size objectives can be matched up with either step up or step down rings which can be bought off eBay for a few pounds .

OSOK

I use Leupold Alumina's on my two NXS's but their 50's not 56mm and fit fine to the objective but not to the sunshade of the NXS . If you need a shade on then you need to buy a Leupold one for your NXS .... Yes confusing .

Your other option is the Swarovski flip up which i use on an ATACR , you have more options than you think as even different size objectives can be matched up with either step up or step down rings which can be bought off eBay for a few pounds .

OSOK

Very, very helpful.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived